3D Printing Material Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on 3D Printing Material Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to 3D Printing Material Market
3D printing is the process of manufacturing material by laying down a thin layer of material in succession. The present size of 3D printing market is approximately US $12 billion and it is very much expected to grow in the future. global spending on 3D printing will experience a five-year compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 22.3% with revenues reaching $28.9 billion in 2020.
3d Printing Market Segmentation
The market can be segmented based on technology used and on the basis of process.
- Types of technology- Some of the technologies that are used in 3D printing. are- Different Stereolithography, Fused Deposition modeling, Selective Laser Sintering, Selective Laser melting, Electron Beam melting, Laminated Object manufacturing, Digital Light processing
- Types of process-Photo polymerization, material extrusion, Sheet lamination, Binder jetting, Material jetting, Powder Bed fusion, Direct energy deposition.
Different process have their strengths and weakness, for example-
1.Material extrusion- strength- Smooth surface finish; Fine feature details, weakness- Brittle, not suitable for mechanical parts,
2.Power bed fusion- strength- Functional parts, good mechanical properties; Complex geometries, weakness- Longer lead times; Higher cost than FFF for functional applications
3. Material jetting. Strength- Best surface finish; Full color and multi-material available, Weakness- Brittle, not suitable for mechanical parts; Higher cost than SLA/DLP for visual purposes
3d Printing Market Trends
- Collaboration- there is an increase in coloration between software, hardware and service providers which led to increase in better product offerings.
- Integration- With faster lead times and tooling-free production, 3d printing has proved to be a valuable technology in the areas which were resource intensive.
- Automation- While a large segment of 3D-printed production tools and prototypes are ready for use nearly straight out of the machine, with minimal finishing, there’s also a huge number of end-parts that require complex finishing processes.
- Metal 3D printing- there is increase in adoption and also increase in reduced cost of metal 3d printing. 2018 witness increase in technologies and improvement in existing technologies.
- Application driven Innovation.
3d Printing Market Analysis
3d printing industry in classified mainly on the basis of printer, material, software and service. In 2017 printer section was the major contributor of the total revenue earned by the industry. The contribution was around 49%.
If we do country wise analysis than North American market was responsible for 35% of the revenue earned.
Some major players in 3d printing industry on the basis ofmarket capitalization are-
- Proto Labs- Market Capitalisation:$2.97 billion (as of January 20, 2018)
- Stratasys Labs- Market Capitalisation:$1.214 billion (as of January 20, 2018)
- 3D System- Market Capitalisation:$1.213 billion (as of January 20, 2018)
- Materialise NV- Market Capitalisation:$633 million (as of January 20, 2018)
- Organovo- Market Capitalisation:$150.763 million (as of January 20, 2018
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Global3D Printing Material Market Segments
- Global3D Printing Material Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global3D Printing Material Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global3D Printing Material Market Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Global3D Printing Material Market includes:
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macroeconomic factors, and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage