Consumer 3D Printing Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Consumer 3D Printing Market- Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Consumer 3D Printing Market
Automated manufacturing of three-dimensional objects by deposition of layers of material is termed as 3D printing, and the equipment used for the same is a 3D printer. This technology is widely used in industrial manufacturing, especially in the healthcare, construction and automotive sectors.In 2017, the entire 3D printing market was valued at USD 7 billion.However, the consumer 3D printing market share is relatively lower. Yet, due to its high customizability and reduced cost, 3D printing is gradually getting accepted in the consumer segment. End users include homes, educational institutions, small and medium businesses, artwork designers. There is a high demand for consumer 3D printer from the jeweler designers due to the high demand for custom designs, and the ability of 3D printers to manufacture complex designs seamlessly.The consumer 3D printing market size is USD 1745 million, which is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 22%.
The 3D printer finds great use for prototyping for POC (proof of concept). From toy manufacturers to clothes designers, 3D printing finds high acceptability. Keepsakes is also another application, where this technology is used to scan people and print 3D replicas of their selves. The advent of this technology helps end users customize and design products as per their liking, and many retailers are using it to provide better customer satisfaction.
The consumer 3D printing market trends are focused towards increasing the affordability of 3D printers to make them more popular among consumers. So, the price of a standard consumer 3D printer is expected to go down in the near future. Since the consumer market is still at the beginning stages, the future trends are somewhat unpredictable. It is largely dependent on advancement in terms of capabilities, and what consumers can expect from the 3D printer. The most used printing material for the consumer segment are the rigid ABS plastic and the softer, but glossy PLA plastic.
Moreover, the physical printer is greatly complemented by the software that runs it. With the development of software in the future, consumer adoption has the potential to increase significantly.
Consumer 3D Printer Market Segmentation
The consumer 3D printing market segmentation can be done in a variety of ways. Firstly, on the basis of material used for printing, there is separate markets for Plastics, Metals, Ceramics and other materials. From the point of view of 3D printing technology, the market is segmented based on the technology used by the 3D printer (fuse lithography, Fuse deposition modeling), which effectively transform towards the price range, speed, and precision of the printer. The 3D printer market can be segmented by the application of the 3D printer, since the end user might have various needs like jewelry design, home décor, artwork etc., and their 3D printer requirements will have to be compatible with these needs.
The major players in the Consumer 3D Printing market consists of both 3D printer manufacturers, as well as companies offering 3D printing services to the end user, as well as software developers aimed at increasing the efficiency of a 3D printer. The important companies serving this sector are Stratasys, Sulpteo, Sumitomo Electric Industries, Hitachi Metals, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation and Sumco Corporation.
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Consumer 3D Printing Market Segments
- Consumer 3D PrintingMarket Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Consumer 3D PrintingMarket Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Consumer 3D PrintingMarket Current Trends
- Competition &Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Consumer 3D PrintingMarket includes
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage