Global Automotive 3D Printing Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Global Automotive 3D Printing Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Automotive 3D Printing Market Analysis
The significant advances in the field of additive manufacturing also called the 3D Printing over the last decade, have disrupted the ways in which product are designed, developed, manufactured and distributed. These changes in have opened possibilities for lighter, safer, shorter lead times, and cost-effective products in the marketplace.
Use of 3D Printing in the automotive sector makes a strong case for product innovation and high-volume manufacturing, with lower costs and better competitiveness.
Automotive 3D Printing Market Trends
Currently,Automotive 3D Printing has mainly been utilised by high volume automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEM) and suppliers to reduce costs, support decision making at the design stage, test quality and reduce the time of product taken to reach to the market.
With the ability to design multiple products with several iterations, OEMs get the additional advantage to pitch a near perfect product to the consumers without incurring large costs. Further, the components used in automobiles is drastically reduced in a 3D printed product, enhancing product quality and effectiveness. High-end automotive OEMs have used 3D Printing to provide a better ergonomic design and lighter product. For example, BMW has been able to save up to 58 percent of the overall cost and reduce overall project time by 92 percent.
Automotive 3D Printing Market Segmentation
Automotive 3D Printing market is segmented based on application, component, and region.
Application and Component: There are a various application in which Automotive 3D Printing is used with the help of a variety of material. The following table provides an overview of the technology, process, material, features and an example of such an application.
|Under the hood||Selective Laser Sintering||Nylon||Heat resistant functional parts||Battery cover|
|Interior accessories||Stereolithography||Resin||Customized cosmetic components||Console prototype|
|Air ducts||Selective Laser Sintering||Nylon||Flexible ducting and bellows||Air conditioning ducting|
|Full scale panels||Industrial Stereolithography||Resin||Large parts with a surface finish comparable to injection moulding that allow for sanding and painting||Front bumper|
|Cast metal brackets & handles||Stereolithography& cast||Wax||Metal parts made from 3d printed patterns||Alternator mounting bracket|
|Complex metal components||Direct Metal Laser Sintering||Metal||Consolidated, lightweight, functional metal parts||Suspension wishbone|
|Bezels||Material jetting||Photopolymer||End use custom screen bezels||Interface of Dashboard|
|Lights||Stereo lithography||Resin||Fully transparent, high detail models||Headlight prototypes|
Automotive 3D Printing Market Regional Analysis
Based on the geography, the automotive 3D Printing market is segmented into 4 regions. One of the key market is United States of America. The other key countries that form a major market is also listed below.
- North America:Canada
- Europe and Middle East: Germany, United Kingdom, France, United Arab Emirates, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Finland.
- Asia Pacific: Japan, India, China, Australia and South Korea.
- Rest of the World (ROW): Africa, Latin America and Russia.
Automotive 3D Printing Technology
The technology used in Automotive 3D Printing is based on the application or component to be designed for the automobile. Various technologies that are now being commonly used include Stereolithography (SLA), Electron Beam Melting (EBM),Direct Metal Laser Sintering Fused Disposition Modelling (FDM), Three Dimensional Inkjet printing (3IDP), Laminated Object Manufacturing (LOM) and Selective Laser Sintering.
Some of the key players in the automotive Automotive 3D Printing market are Stratasys Inc., Local Motors, Arcam AB, ExOne Company, Autodesk, 3D Systems Corporation, Hoganas AB, Optomec Inc., Ponoko Ltd, Voxeljet AG and EnvisionTEC, Inc.
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Global Automotive 3D Printing Material Market Segments
- Global Automotive 3D Printing Material Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Automotive 3D Printing Material Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Automotive 3D Printing Material Market Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Global Automotive 3D Printing Material Market includes:
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macroeconomic factors, and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage