Healthcare 3D printing Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Healthcare 3D printing Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Healthcare 3D printing Market
3D printing enables the production of three-dimensional physical objects from a digital file which is accomplished by using additive processes. 3D printing technology has grown from prototyping in various applications for the development of operational parts and products. The healthcare 3D printing market offers significant opportunities for dental implants, hearing aids, contact lenses and prosthesis that are tailored to the individual. Healthcare 3D printing market is likely to witness substantial growth, owing to the increasing investments in R&D sector and intervention of government for improving healthcare infrastructure.
3d Printing Technology& Machine
Personalized digital data is providing the outline for future healthcare 3D printing market solutions, from hearing aids to prosthetic limbs,from hip and knee implants to dental crowns, and orthotic footwear.In June 2017, 3D Systems (US) developed the Simbionix SPINE Mentor, a hands-on simulated training tool for minimally invasive surgical processes. The Simbionix SPINE Mentor is a grouping of medical tools and 3D printing to produce hybrid spinal surgery training solutions. Moreover, companies are also focusing on developing planning systems using 3D printing with the aim to improve the medical surgery processes.
3d Printing Market Trends
- Johnson &Johnson in collaboration with AMBER research has said the launch of a Global Centre of Excellence for 3D bioprinting at the Trinity College Dublin, Ireland.The facility will do research in the field of orthopedics and is likely to transform the delivery of healthcare services for consumers and patients.
- Engineers from Pohang University of Science and Technology, South Korea have successfully made “bio-blood-vessels” from a 3D printer utilizing material obtained from the human body as a template.
- In August 2016, the FDA permitted an epilepsy drug called Spritam that is produced by 3D printers. It prints out the powdered drug layer by layer to make it dissolve faster than normal pills.
3d Printing Market Analysis
Key raw materials for the healthcare 3D printing market comprisebiological cells, ceramics, metals and polymers. Polymers dominated this market in terms of share in 2013 majorly owing to high usage rates. Moreover, the introduction of technological developments in this area is likely to help this segment grow at a lucrative CAGR during the forecast period.
One of the key drivers in the global 3D Printing in Healthcare Market is the increasing use of this technology in many applications like drug delivery, transplantation, 3D printed organs and many others in the healthcare industry. Increasing demand for implant customizations during surgical procedures together with growing R&D investments is also driving the global 3D Printing in the healthcare market.
One of the main challenges in the global 3D Printing in Healthcare Market is the high cost of 3D printers. Technologies like laser beam, photo polymerization, stereolithography, electron beam, and droplet deposition techniques are way too expensive.
3d Printing Market Segmentation
Droplet Deposition (DD)
- Fused deposition modeling (FDM) technology
- Low-temperature Deposition Manufacturing (LDM)
- Multiphase Jet Solidification (MJS)
- Stereo lithography (SLA)
- Continuous Liquid Interface Production (CLIP)
- Two-Photon Polymerization (2PP)
Laser Beam melting
- Selective Laser Sintering (SLS)
- Selective laser melting (SLM)
- Direct Metal Laser Sintering (DMLS)
Electronic Beam Melting (EBM)
Laminated Object Manufacturing
MARKET BY APPLICATION
- External wearable devices
- Clinical study devices
- Tissue engineering
MARKET BY END-USERS
- Medical and surgical centers
- Pharma and biotech companies
3d Printing Market Size and Share
The global 3D Printing in Healthcare market was estimated to be $797.7 million in 2017 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 18.3%. North America is the major market in the 3D Printing in Healthcare Market with 39.7% of the total share and it is followed by Europe. 3D Printing in Healthcare Market in the Asia Pacific region is growing at a substantial pace and the share of Europe and the APAC together was 37% of the global market. Plastic materials used in 3D printing in healthcare are expected to grow at an impressive rate, it is estimated that the total plastics shipped for medical printing needs would be over 570 tons in 2020. In the technology used, Laminated Object Manufacturing technology is estimated to grow to $372.8 million by 2023 at a CAGR of 15.5%. Stereo Lithography Technology is expected to grow with the highest CAGR of 31.7% to reach $165.8 million by 2023.
Some of the key players are Hewlett Packard,Proto Labs,SLM Solutions Group,Medical Molding Inc., Javelin Technologies,3D Systems, Stratasys, ExOne, Nano Dimension, Organovo and Voxeljet.
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Healthcare 3D printing market segments
- Healthcare 3D printing Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Healthcare 3D printing Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply &Demand Value Chain
- Healthcare 3D printing Market Current Trends
- Competition &Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Healthcare 3D printing Market includes:
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants acrossthe supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive productmapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impactof all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage