Honduran Coffee Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Honduran Coffee Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Honduran coffee market
Riding through the Honduran Highlands, you will go through a portion of the best coffee nation on the planet. There are more than 90 million Honduran coffee shrubs in cultivation. Mainly coffee retailers utilize Honduran coffee, the greater part of which is a rich Arabica coffee, as blending coffee yet Honduran coffee absolutely is sufficient to remain on its own. A great part of the coffee developed in Honduras truly was genuinely unremarkable and regularly utilized as a base in coffee blend; however, it has risen as a power in its very own privilege in coffee reviews lately.
Honduras is the largest coffee producer in Central America and the third largest in Latin America, ranking fifth globally in coffee production. Honduran coffee production in marketing year 2018/19 (Oct 2018 to Sept 2019) is forecast at 7.3 million 60-kilogram bags, a 2% decrease over the record year harvest of marketing year 2016/17. In April 2018, studies identified four new strains of coffee leaf rust in Honduras that will make coffee producers to struggle against the spread of rust increasing production costs. Coffee production in Honduras accounts for 89% of total exports and even a larger percentage of sources of cash income. The world coffee market of Honduras contributes about 3.8% percent and ranks 5th in the world coffee market.
Coffees from Honduras are standard as far as Central American` coffee ratings go, on equal footing with Guatemala, El Salvador and Nicaragua. Depending on the region, they are from and the varietal, they will have certain nuances and flavors that are more prominent in some tastes than others are.
An unexpected bumper crop in Honduras is set to shake up the Arabica coffee market as prospects of another record high for yield in the Central American nation is damping excitement at costs of the commodity. Coffee production in Honduras surpassed Ethiopia as the third-biggest Arabica producer a year ago behind Brazil and Colombia. Export volumes in the new 2017-18 crop year, which began in October, have wrong-footed analysts and traders, who had been expecting a decrease in its production following record yield in the past one year. The current increase in production of coffee this year is the result of planting of new trees in Central America when hit by a spread of rust.
Understanding in particular the conditions under which the process of globalization occurs eventually teaches what developments lead to the globalization of agriculture and the food industry. Mapping out these processes as they relate to farmers of Copan were invaluable for deepening the understanding of the dynamics in the coffee community and what farmers were most concerned about.
A vast level of the Honduran populace is youthful and consumes progressively and diverse kinds of coffee drinks. Coffee bars that provide customers with free internet attract students and young people. Honduran coffee review depends on components like elevation at which they develop, assortments, terroir, cultivating works on, preparing.
Based on Variety:
Terroir include many factors but important factors in it are altitude, climate, soil type, soil micro-biome, and topography. Coffee flavor also depends on how is it farmed; whether it is handpicked or strip picked. Processing can be natural, washed or wet processed or honey processed and other factors include the age of harvest, packaging, age of roast and storage conditions as well.
The coffee market has been divide into four categories of coffee consumers mainly:
- Drip Coffee drinkers: 77% of adults who drink coffee on a daily basis.
- Coffee shop lovers: People who spend time at shops, cafes where specialty drinks, and regular cups of coffee are available along with an inviting atmosphere.
- Specialty coffee drinkers: people who love specific ingredients in their coffee-based beverage, and are willing to pay a premium to get what they want.
- Whole Bean Buyers: people who buy whole bean coffee to make at home or in the office.
Graded based on the altitude:
- Strictly High Grown (1,350+ meters above sea level)
- High Grown (1,200 to 1,350 meters above sea level)
- Central Standard (sub-1,200 meters)
Region wise category:
- El Paraiso (Catuai, Caturra) – 1,100 to 1,400 meters above sea level
- Agalta (Bourbon, Typica, Caturra) – 1,100 to 1,400 meters above sea level
- Comayagua (Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra) – 1,100 to 1,400 meters above sea level
- Montecillos (Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra, Pacas) – 1,200 to 1,600 meters above sea level
- Opalaca (Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra, Typica) – – 1,100 to 1,600 meters above sea level
- Copan (Bourbon, Catuai, Caturra) – 1,000 to 1,500 meters above sea level
Honduran Coffee was only used as a base for coffee blends and the neighbors of Honduras were exporting high quality coffee. Therefore, the coffee from Honduras represents as a low priced commodity due to its lack of quality control. Skills of labor, equipment used and land on which coffee is grown also affects the productivity of coffee.
Leading coffee producers in Central America other than Honduras include Guatemala, Costa Rica, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Panama. Honduras lies 3rd among these regions. Due to shorter time of planting and its harvest, banana quickly became main cash crop of Honduras. While Honduras has a wide range of excellent coffees, these are the two best brands:
- Whole Bean Organic Honduran Marcala Fair Trade Coffee from Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC
- Trader Joe’s Organic Fair Trade Whole Bean Honduran Coffee
The report contains comprehensive analysis on:
- Honduran Coffee Market Segments
- Honduran Coffee Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Honduran Coffee Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Honduran Coffee Market Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage