Italy Smartphone Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Italy Smartphone Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction Italy Smartphone Market
Smartphones entered the Italian consumer market in the early 2000s with Blackberry. Since then the industry has grown tremendously and currently there are over 40 million active smartphone users in Italy. Revenues from the smartphone segment amounted to around $ 11,000 million. Italy has one of the bigger smartphone user base in the European region. More than 60% of the Italian population owns a smartphone. Even though there is a big user base, the smartphone penetration in the country is relatively low. However, newer companies like Xiomi are now investing heavily in the country to capture customers and gain market share. The industry is expected to grow by 1.7% CAGR from 2018-2021.
The Italian smartphone market is saturating and the rate of growth has reduced considerably. Major reasons for this is that the life cycle of an average smartphone has increased significantly. As a result, smartphone switch takes a long time. Moreover, repair and refurbishing services are gaining importance in Italy. As a result, the life of the smartphone has increased. This has led to a decline in smartphone purchase and smartphone shipping. Other factors that play a role in the market dynamics include disposable income of the consumer, latest technologies, social media and news. As newer technologies come up, there is a sudden rise in the smartphone purchase.
The smartphone market is segmented on the basis of price range, RAM size, operating system, distribution channel etc. Price segments the phone into low priced, mid-priced and high-priced phones. RAM size includes 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB etc. Operating system of the phones include android, iOS, Symbian or Blackberry. On the basis of distribution channel, the market is segmented into online channel and offline channel. The offline channel is further segmented into single store and multi store.
Key players in the Italian smartphone industry include Samsung, Apple, Nokia, Huawei, LG, Sony, HTC, Google. Samsung enjoys a majority with over 40% of the market share followed by Apple. Companies like Xiomi are also trying to enter the Italian smartphone industry.
This report contains comprehensive analysis on:
- Italian Smartphone Market history
- Italian Smartphone Market drivers, restraints and opportunities
- Italian Smartphone Market size and Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply and Demand Value Chain
- Italian Smartphone Market Current Trends
- Competition and Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porter’s 5 forces Model
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview ( Market Origins, Product Launch Timelines etc )
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market Dynamics of the Industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent Market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry structure coverage