Japan Rubber Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Japan Rubber Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Japan Rubber Industry
Japan is home to one of the most important rubber industries in the world. It is the 5th largest consumer of natural rubber with around 679000 metric tons of natural rubber consumed in the year 2017. On a whole, the Asia Pacific region is the largest consumer as well as the largest producer of the rubber. By country-wise, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia are the three largest producers of natural rubber.
There are two basic types of rubber used in the rubber industry – Natural and Synthetic. A number of rubber polymers like Polyisoprene (IR), Styrene-butadiene (SBR), Polybutadiene (BR), Polychloroprene (CR) (neoprene), Ethylene-propylene/ Ethylene- Propylene- Diene are used to manufacture a wide variety of rubber products.
The prominent uses of rubber include tires and tire products, automotive belts and hoses, gloves, medical products, sealing materials, sheet rubber, and rubber footwear.
The synthetic rubber type is likely to gain popularity owing to the surging automotive sector along with increased demand for high-performance tires, sealing products and tire adhesives.
Also, the rapidly increasing demand from the building and construction sector in the Asia-Pacific, which has been witnessing a significant rise in the infrastructure developments, will be another important growth driver for the industrial rubber
However owing to the large trade deficits since 2015, the exports of rubber from Japan have seen a steady decline over the last few years. A slip in consumer spending, investment, and natural disasters have added to the uncertainty over the entire scenario. The industrial rubber market in Japan is expected to witness market gains below the world average, owing to the sluggish growth in durable goods consumption and automotive production. On the other hand, the imports have been stable.
Segmentation based on the type of Rubber
- Natural Rubber
- Synthetic Rubber
Segmentation based on application
- Consumer Goods
- Bridgestone Corp.
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd.
- Yokohama Rubber Co. Ltd.
- Toyo Tire & Rubber Co. Ltd.
- ZEON Corporation
Major Trade Partners
- United States
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Japan Rubber Industry Segments
- Japan Rubber Industry Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Japan Rubber Industry Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Japan Rubber Industry Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macroeconomic factors, and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage