Mexico Maize Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Mexico Maize Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Mexico Maize Market
Corn for Mexicans is not just a commodity, it’s a part of their history, culture and heritage. They take pride in calling themselves “Children of Corn”. Corn in Mexico dates back to
millennia where indigenous tribes in highlands bred and cultivated tine maize plants. Over time,
maize has spread across the human society. Maize in Mexico is used to make tortillas which is
the staple food of Mexico. It is used as an animal feed, alcohol feed. It is also used to make
ethanol fuel and cornstarch.
Recently, the Mexican people have become more health conscious and are inclining towards
fat free and glutton free diet and maize has become an integral part of it. Moreover, with the
invent of genetically modified crops, Maize plants production has also increased in Mexico.
The Mexican consumers are shifting towards healthier and nutritious food diets which is
indirectly driving the Mexican Maize Market. Foods prepared with corn are rich in Protein and
are preferred amongst the Mexican people. Other factors include growth in the genetically
modified crops which improves the productivity of maize crops. Also, maize products have
gained importance in Mexico due to rising demand of processed food and livestock feed. Other
uses include production of ethanol and biofuel from Corn crops in Mexico that is driving the
Maize market there.
The Mexican maize can be segmented on the basis of product color and taste which includes
yellow maize and white maize with yellow occupying the majority share. On the basis of
product application, they are classified as – tortillas, corn chips and tacos. On the basis of type,
they are classified as – field maize (also called dent), sweet maize (also called green maize)
and Indian maize (also called flint).
Some of the prominent players in the Mexico Maize market include Kleffmann group,
Syngenta, Mesa Food LLC, Cargill. These companies aim to increase the maize production in
Mexico and help its economy.
- Mexico Maize Market history
- Mexico Maize market drivers, restraints and opportunities
- Mexico Maize Market size and Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply and Demand Value Chain
- Mexico Maize Market Current Trends
- Competition and Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porter’s 5 forces Model
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants
across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from
extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and
quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market
segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview ( Market Origins, Product Launch Timelines etc )
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market Dynamics of the Industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent Market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage