Nepal Cement Industry – Market Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)+
Report on Nepal Cement Industry – Market Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Nepal Cement Industry
Use of cement in Nepal as a binding material came into effect from 1950.Initially there were imports from India. Later imports begin to start from other countries like China Thailand etc. In 1975 first cement plant was setup in Nepal. It was Himal Cement. Later on a Chinese plant also opened there to increase the cement production
There are various factors affecting the cement industry. Some of them are –
(i) Access to resources – Margins in cement industry is very less. Cost advantages occur due to access to cheaper power sources and quality lime stone and bigger market.
(ii) Environmental resources– The more stringent the norms more it will show on company cost.
(iii) Technological advancement-Technological advancement leads to cost-cutting. For example going from wet to dry method helps companies to save 5% to 10% of the cost.
(iv) Geography- If companies has better access to resources and transportation, it will help to have better production and supply.
There are various types of cement used in construction purposes. Some of them are
(i) Portland Pozzolana Cement- It includes the mixture of pozzolanic materials, OPC and gypsum. Fly ash is the most commonly used material. It has many advantages over normal OPC cement and hence has a more prominent use than normal cement. It is commonly used in high rise buildings and under water construction.
(ii) Rapid Hardening Cement- It similar to OPC but just have a finer structure tha OPC and contains more lime than OPC which helps to achieve greater strength.
(iii) Quick Setting Cement- Sets faster than OPC this happens because it has lesser content of gypsum. Strength is similar to OPC. Because of lesser setting time it is used for underwater construction.
(iv) Low heat cement- This cement has low heat of hydration as compared to OPC and has higher initial setting time. Used for construction of large footings, gravity dams.
Some of the major players in cement production are:
- China– In 2017 china was the largest producer of cement in 2017. It has 804 integrated cement plant and 57 grinder plant. Chinese market is mostly dominated by local players and only little influenced by multinational payers.
- India– In 2017 India was second largest producer of the cement. It has 163 integrated plants and 103 grinding plants. Market is dominated by local players but foreign players are also there.
Some other major players in the cement industry are- USA, Russia, Brazil Vietnam, Turkey
Nepal- There is a gradual increase in the cement market in Nepal. Investors has started to setup the grinding plants (It is comparatively easy to run a grinding plant). Meanwhile, some limestones sites are also identified in the country. Investors are also encouraged to manufacture clinkers
Some major players in cement industry around the world are-
- 2) CNBM(China National Building Material)
- 3) Anhui Conch.
- 4) Heidelberg Cement
- 5) Jidong.
- 6) Cemex
If we talk about Nepal than some of the major cement producing plants are-
- Udayapur Cement Industry Private limited
- Agni Cement industries
- Annapurna Cements
- Balaji Cement Udyog
- Buddha Cement Pvt. Ltd
Major Trade Partners
Nepal has many trade partners like India, Bangladesh, Germany, China. But in terms of cement major import of cement is from India since Nepal is not self-sufficient in terms of cement production. But recently cement import has reduced by 24%.
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Nepal Rubber Industry Segments
- Nepal Rubber Industry Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Nepal Rubber Industry Size & Forecast 2016 to 2023
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Nepal Rubber Industry Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macroeconomic factors, and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage