North American Smartphone Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2017-2023)
Report on North American Smartphone Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2017-2023)
Introduction to North American Smartphone Market
Globally there were 3.6 billion smartphone users in June 2018. In 2016 smart phone users in America had reached up to 229.3 million. In 2017 1.54 billion smart phones were sold worldwide out of which 81.7 percent were android smartphones. Global smartphone market penetration and share of different companies is given below:
Various factors which affect the smartphone market are:
- Changing Demographics- In recent decades world demographics has changes a lot.
The millennials including the teenagers use more technological devices and internet is an essential part of their lives. Youth constitute the largest segment of smart-phone and tablet consumers and several of the own more than one. In US, the number of smart-phone users is highest in the 18- 49 age group.
- Economic Factor- There have been increase in disposable income of people after recession and because of that high-tech products have become a part of lifestyle of people.
- Credit Cards and easy EMI’s- More people are buying products using their credit cards and now a days easy EMI option are available and it also easy to get a bank loan for these products.
- Competition among brands – Different brands try to provide as many features as they can in less price and therefore launch new products every year.
Smartphone market can be classified on the basis of software. It mainly includes three types of software.
- Proprietary- It is developed in house by smartphone manufacturer and they look after whole device management. Some of the examples of these types of smartphones are- Apple, Blackberry. This type of proprietorship give manufacturer competitive edge. In US there are more than 90 million iphone users.
- Licensable- In this rights are given by the owner to other manufacturer. Example of this is Windows. Manufacturers use these type of software because most cost will be incurred in development of whole new software. In 2015 there were 5.3 million windows phone users in US.
- Open source- It give manufacturers advantage of not only using that software but also to customize it. Some example of this is Android, Symbian etc. Because of
this openness android has become the most popular mobile software. In 2016 there were 107.7 million android users in US
In 2017 there was 82.4% penetration of smartphones in North America. Following is the country wise analysis of smartphone market. Following estimates are based on the analysis of survey and traffic data from research firms and regulatory agencies, historical trends, and country-specific demographic and socioeconomic factors.
In Canada smartphone users are expected to grow to 32.5 million by 2020.Canada is predominantly an iPhone market where 54.9% people use apple phones. Of the top-10 smartphone models in Canada, only three are not Apple models.
Key players in smartphone market are:
Report contain comprehensive details about:
- Smartphone industry of North America
- Factors affecting smartphone market
- Classification on the basis of software
- Major smartphone producing companies
- Geographical Analysis
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- North America Smartphone Market Segments
- North America Smartphone Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- North America Smartphone Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2023
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- North America Smartphone Market Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for North America Smartphone Market includes:
- North America
- US and Canada
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macroeconomic factors, and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage