United States (US) Virtual reality market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on United States (US) Virtual reality market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to United States (US) Virtual Reality Market
Virtual Reality (VR) is the creation of an artificial environment through the application of various software programs. It is then sent to the user such that he accepts it as a real environment. The virtual reality market is dominated by the US with a market share of greater than 80%. The US VR market size is worth more than US$ 2200 millions in revenue. VR in US finds application in media and entertainment, medicine, surgery and treatments, real estate and gaming. By 2022, there will be over 55 million active VR headsets in the US. Over the coming years, the US VR market forecast is – growth of the industry at a CAGR of 90%.
VR has grown tremendously in the US due to advancement is technology, higher disposable income and raise in living standards. Moreover, growth in the information technology and increase is smartphone penetration is also leading to the VR boom in the US. The VR market analysis shows dominance of gaming and media sector in the industry in the next 10 years. VR is finding large application in the gaming industry. It is projected to reach over US $1700 million in revenue by 2022. Similarly, by 2022, the media and communication industry is also likely to reach US $1700
million in revenue by the use of VR.
The US VR market segmentation is done on the basis of application. It can be segmented into video games, healthcare, engineering, live events, video entertainments, education, military, retail, real-estate, movies, sports etc. It can also be segmented on the basis of platform used like mobile, PC or console. Other ways of segmentation include- by component and by technology used. On the basis of components, US VR market is divided into hardware and software. On the basis of end user, it is divided into individuals or corporates.
Some of the key market players in the US VR market are Samsung Electronics, Sony Corporation, Microsoft Corporation, HTC Corporation, Google Inc, Vuzix Corporation, Lumus Ltd, Magic Leap, Inc., Oculus VR, LLC, Eon Reality Inc., Unity Technologies, Inc, Nokia, Barco, Mindmaze etc.
This report contains comprehensive analysis on:
- US Virtual Reality Market history
- US Virtual Reality Market drivers, restraints and opportunities
- US Virtual Reality Market size and Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply and Demand Value Chain
- US Virtual Reality Market Current Trends
- Competition and Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porter’s 5 forces Model
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants
across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive
product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights.
The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview ( Market Origins, Product Launch Timelines etc )
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market Dynamics of the Industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent Market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry structure coverage