Uzbekistan Cotton Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Report on Uzbekistan Cotton Market – Industry Analysis, Forecasts and Opportunity Assessment (2016-2023)
Introduction to Uzbekistan Cotton Market
Cotton, known as white gold in Uzbekistan, is the country’ major cash crop. Primarily used in the textile sector, cotton exports account for XX % of the overall exports by value in 2017-18. About half of the cotton produced is domestically processed and then exported as a textile product. The cotton grown in Uzbekistan is mainly of long staple type which is best suited to make quality fabrics. The common inputs for cotton production are cotton seeds, water and mineral fertilizers like urea, ammonium sulfate and ammonium nitrate. In Uzbekistan, the cotton production sector consumes around one-third of the agricultural land Given the strategic importance of the cotton sector, the government has recently come up with a plan to develop export-oriented clusters which would facilitate the seamless production of the final product while adhering to international standards. The cotton sector is highly centralized and controlled tightly by an administrative command system of management. In recent years, the focus has been on modernization and shifting to production extra-long staple cotton.
With rising disposable income, the demand for textile products like clothing items, home decoration accessories, etc., has been growing rapidly. The penetration of deep discount brick-and-mortar retailers like Walmart and exponential growth of global e-commerce players has enabled small textile producers to find a larger consumer base for their products. This has led to Uzbekistan, exporting approximately XX U.S. dollar worth of cotton products on 2017-18. The rising awareness regarding the benefits of using organic cotton made products in developed countries is expected to further accelerate the demand for cotton.
On the supply side, stakeholders are trying to shift to production of the extra-long staple of cotton. There is a palpable shift in focus from mass production to value addition during the process of yarning, ginning and final textile production. With countries like Bangladesh, Vietnam, Pakistan etc., boosting and integrating their textile sector with global supply chain, competition is set to increase in future. This would reduce the net margin and increase the entry barriers. The storage of cotton yarn and protecting the cotton produce from Firefly and other pests also remains a challenge.
The Uzbekistan cotton market can be segmented on the basis of
- Length of cotton staple: On the basis of length of cotton staple, the Uzbekistan cotton market can be segmented into long staple cotton, medium staple cotton, extra-long staple cotton.
- Species of cotton: Gossypium hirsutum and Gossypium barbadense are the major species cultivated. Species like Gossypium arboretum are cultivated in smaller quantities.
- Fiber content: On the basis of fiber content, the Uzbekistan cotton sector is a diversified mix. Cotton ranging from XX% fiber content to XX% content is growth depending upon the local geographic conditions.
- End product: On the basis of end product the market can be segmented into knitted clothes and garments, bed sheets and household accessories, medical products, others etc.
Some of the major players in the Uzbekistan cotton market are FC Daewoo Textile Fergana, FC Daewoo Textile Bukhara FC LLC OSBORN TEXTILE, JV LLC Indorama Kokand Textile and a host of other companies.
The report contains a comprehensive analysis on:
- Uzbekistan Cotton Market Segments
- Uzbekistan Cotton Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Uzbekistan Cotton Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Uzbekistan Cotton Market Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Uzbekistan Cotton Market includes
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product varieties, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth Market Segmentation
- Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent market trends and Impact Factors
- R&D Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage