DescriptionWith increasing aircraft sales and rising global passenger traffic, aircraft maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO) industry has taken centre stage as a strategic activity. This comes with potential damage to aircraft components due to flight carriers functioning full time, especially the low-cost players, and to implement predictive maintenance to reduce operating costs. The global aircraft MRO market was valued at US$ XX in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of XX% during the period 2017-2022 to reach a valuation worth US$ XX by 2022.
The Global MRO Market has been progressing in recent years despite the downturn in the aviation market. Factors responsible for this include the sudden expansion of low cost carriers in the market and improving purchasing power of the middle-class population, which have in turn led to a hike in the total number of active airline passengers. With this hike comes the increased responsibility towards safety and security that airline companies must owe their customers. This and the government norms to develop MRO as a holistic and strategic activity to ensure safety of passengers and environmental viability will help the market flourish throughout the forecast period.
Additionally, the MRO industry aims to improve other flight conditions, especially fuel economy and hull weight. Regular inspections and overhaul helps maintain expectable flying and standards and a shot at improved fuel economy
Other factors that have notably contributed to the market’s growth include massive outsourcing of MRO operations to Joint Venture OEMS, demand for aircraft modernization, and increasing investments into research and development in the MRO industry.
The market is segmented into engine, airframe and modifications, components, and line maintenance. Amongst these, the engine MRO segment emerged the most dominant in terms of market share. This can be attributed to the stringent safety regulations that are issued by administering bodies, such as the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) and the EASA (European Aviation Safety Agency), to shift towards green engine technologies in order to make engines environmentally viable.
Environmental viability comes only by regularly administering the aircraft components to reduce carbon emissions and improve fuel economy, thus boosting the aircraft MRO market
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, South America, Europe, and Middle-East and Asia. Amongst these, Asia-Pacific is expected to witness maximum growth during the forecast period, owing to rising number of MRO service providers. This comes as a result of growing number of MRO establishments in the region through joint-ventures of in-country specialty operational equipment manufacturers.
Key players in the global aircraft MRO market include AAR, ST Aerospace, ATS, Lufthansa Technik, SIA Engineering, Ascent Aviation, Delta TechOps, Evergreen Aviation Technologies, Hong Kong Aircraft Engineering Co. Ltd, Monarch Aircraft Engineering, SR Technics, and Textron Aviation.
- Global Aircraft Maintenance Market segments
- Global Aircraft Maintenance Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Aircraft Maintenance Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Aircraft Maintenance Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Global Aircraft Maintenance Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage