Adhesives and sealants are every so often combined together, as both of them are applied to the surface of the materials to stick and seal them together. Generally, they are available in the liquid form, that is viscous in nature, having no or little flow characteristics.
Majorly, adhesives are chosen for their holding and bonding power & they have high shear and tensile strength. They are of two varieties, namely Structural adhesives (strength is essential for the success of the assembly) and Non-Structural adhesives (these generally have low strength and are used to bond weak substrates, for temporary fastening).
Sealants are selected because of their ability to fill gaps, to resist relative movement of the substrates and to exclude or contain another material. They have less strength if compared to adhesives, but they are more flexible in nature. Adhesives and sealants, due to their ability to bind diverse materials together by distributing stress more proficiently across the joint, are becoming a vital part of various commercial and industrial sectors.
The analysis of the market shows that the major drivers of the growth in the market are expected to be:
- Expanding construction industry
- Growth of transportation sector
- Increase in demand in the automation and packaging industry
- Properties such as less cure time
- Increased performance benefits such as: High-performing seals, Better adhesion to a variety of substrates and Resistance to chemicals
- Various innovations in adhesive and sealant products
Some of the restraints are:
- Rigorous government regulations
- Fluctuations in the prices of raw material
- Increase in regulatory intervention from the environmental bodies along with various federal agencies
The opportunities that the market has in the upcoming years include: Application of adhesives is growing in medical applications, Increase in demand for adhesives due to its bonding and holding properties.
Adhesives Market, by Chemistry Type: Water-based Adhesives Segment, By Chemistry Type, Polyacrylic Ester Emulsion, Polyvinyl Acetate Emulsion, Vinyl Acetate-Ethylene Emulsion and Others.
Adhesives Market, by Technology Type: Water-based, Solvent-based, Hot-melt-based and Reactive Solvent-based
Adhesives Market, By Type: Styrene Butadiene and Styrene Rubber, Chloroprene Rubber, Polyvinyl Acetate Emulsion, Polyamide and Others
Hot-Melt-based Adhesives Segment, By Chemistry Type: Ethylene Vinyl Acetate,, Styrenic Block Copolymers, Amorphous Poly-alpha olefin, Polyurethane, Polyamide and Others
Reactive Adhesives Segment, By Chemistry Type: Polyurethane, Epoxy, Cyanoacrylate & Modified Acrylic, Polysulfide and Others
Adhesives Market, By Application: Paper & Packaging, Building & Construction, Woodworking, Transportation, Consumer, Leather & Footwear and Others
The Sealants Market can be segmented by Resin type and Application. It goes as follows:
Sealants Market, By Resin Type: Silicones, Polyurethane, Plastisol, Emulsion, Polysulfide, Butyls and Others
Sealants Market, By Application: Construction, Transportation, Consumer and Others
It is projected that Asia-Pacific would be the largest segment, and then would be Europe and North-America, each occupying a 1/4th share of revenue during the forecast period. Growth in population and increase in demand from applications, like construction and paper & packaging are anticipated to help in the growth of Asia-Pacific market. It is expected that countries like India, Japan and China would be the major markets in Asia-Pacific. It is estimated that China would be the largest market in terms of consumption.
The improving construction industry in Europe and increasing demand for electric vehicles is going to offer many opportunities for the growth of this market. In the North American construction market, the on-going recovery also denotes a source of strength for both markets.
The market in Middle East & Africa is predicted to grow at a substantial pace due to the shift in consumer focus towards huge infrastructural investments and flexible packaging in Africa. These factors are expected to offer excellent opportunities for the growth of market during the forecast period.
This market has a recognized ecosystem of up-stream players like raw material suppliers & down-stream stakeholders such as vendors, manufacturers, end users, and govt. organizations.
Key players operational in the market include: Henkel AG & Company (Germany), Bostik Ltd. (France), H.B. Fuller (Netherlands), 3M Company (U.S.), Illinois Tool Works Inc. (U.S.), Avery Dennison (U.S.), Franklin International (U.S.), Sika AG (Switzerland), RPM International Inc. (U.S.), and Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC (U.S.).
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage