The Global Food Safety Testing Market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ XX Mn by 2022 growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Food supply worldwide is under constant threat and effective test products that can ensure food safety are in demand. Microbial pathogens such as bacteria, viruses, environmental toxins, food allergens and adulterants, residues of drugs and agricultural chemicals can harm consumers if unchecked and pose a major threat.
As per World Health Organization (WHO), over 2.5 million people died from diarrheal diseases in 2014 due contaminant diet. Alarmingly, in the U.S., approximately 75 million cases are registered for the disease each year which is resulting in over 325 thousand hospitalization and nearly 5 thousand deaths.
Global food safety testing market size has been witnessing steady growth due to stringent food safety regulations, increasing number of food poisoning outbreaks, and increasing consumer awareness on food safety and its implications. The trend of globalization in food supply trade is expected to further create huge demand and a boom for food safety testing market.
The Food Safety Testing market is segmented widely on the basis of contaminants, technology, food and regional parameters.
1. On the basis of Contaminants: The infectious agents that are responsible for causing disease to its host, and accounts for over 30% of the overall demand. E. coli, Salmonella, listeria, and campylobacter major pathogens accountable for contamination and toxicity.
2. On the basis of Technology: The risk of perishable food spoilage owing to time consuming traditional testing process is driving industry towards advanced and upgraded technologies, for e.g., PCR-based techniques, biosensors, ELISA, rapid culture detection, etc.
U.S. food safety testing market size accounted for over 25% of the global demand. Canada Food Inspection Agency has enlarged its arms for monitoring chemical residues and ensuring health safety by complying at an allowable level. Increasing food safety protocol compliances in Europe and North America positively influenced China food safety testing market owing to retain export trade.
Some of the major players in the market include SGS, ALS Laboratory, Idexx Laboratories, and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Intertek, Beureau Veritas, and Det Norske Veritas, etc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage