The medicines which use radioactive materials to diagnose and treat diseases are called nuclear medicines. These are also known as radiopharmaceutical. The requirement of costly surgeries to find out diseases can be done away with by using nuclear medicines.
The end-users of nuclear medicines are diagnostic firms and healthcare industry. The nuclear medicines help in treatment of dangerous diseases like cancer by helping in detection at an early stage.
The global Nuclear Medicine market was valued at US$ 4.67 bn in 2016 and is expected to be valued at US$ 7.27 bn in 2021 with a CAGR of 9.3% for the forecast period 2017-2021.
The global Nuclear Medicine market is segmented on the basis of type, procedure, application, and geographical region.
On the basis of type: Diagnostic and Therapeutic.
On the basis of procedure: Diagnostic (SPECT, PET) and Therapeutic (Alpha, Beta, Brachytherapy).
On the basis of application: Diagnostic (Thyroid, Neurology, Cardiology, Lymphoma, Oncology) and Therapeutic (Lymphoma, Thyroid, Endocrine Tumours, Bone Metastasis).
On the basis of geographical region: Asia Pacific, Europe, North America and Rest of the World.
For the forecast period 2017-2021 Asia Pacific region is expected to show highest growth with largest market share because India, Japan and China has installed PET scanners and increased nuclear medicines production.
The drivers of global Nuclear Medicine market are the increases cases of patients suffering from diseases like cancer, funding for research in this field and advent of alpha radiotherapy.
The big companies in global Nuclear Medicine market are Mallinckrodt plc, Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc., Bracco Imaging S.p.A, Nordion, Inc., IBA Molecular Imaging, Cardinal Health Inc., GE Healthcare, Bayer AG, Eczacibasi-Monrol Nuclear Products and Advanced Accelerator Applications S.A.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage