The Global Pea Protein Market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ XX Mn in 2022. This would show a growth at a CAGR of xx% during the above-mentioned period. Pea protein is extracted from yellow peas through the extrusion process and is further used as pea protein isolates, pea protein concentrates and textured pea protein. Its usage is in a wide application such as snacks, beverages, nutritional supplements, meat alternatives etc.
Pea protein can be used to replace several other forms of other proteins in many food products. Its numerous health benefits and the rising vegetarian population of the world have led to the rise in the intake the same.
The market is mired by stringent regulations by the regulatory boards on guidelines for food processing. Most leading companies in this domain are largely involved in R and D processes in order to bring the best to the table. The food and beverages industry largely affects the market dynamics of the Pea Protein Market. A steady rise in veganism and vegetarianism has also led to more consumption of pea protein in various forms and as an alternative to meat and dairy protein. Growing allergies to gluten and intolerance towards lactose is also a major reason for the growth in the peat protein market.
North America accounts for one third of the consumption of pea protein across the world. Europe, Asia Pacific and Africa have also been noted as key regions for crucial segmentation. On the basis of application as well, there has been major segmentation for dietary supplements, beverages, meat substitutes and bakery goods.
North America and Europe rank high in terms of being the first movers into this space. Asia Pacific is soon catching up as are areas of South America and Africa.
Some of the key players in this field are firms such as Burcon, Cosucra, Nutri-Pea, Roquette, Sotexpro, Axiom Foods and Glanbia Nutritionals.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage