The Global Small Caliber Ammunition Market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2016 and is expected to reach US$ XX Mn by 2022 growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Caliber of a bullet is the measurement of the diameter of the projectile part of the bullet. Small Caliber Ammunition is the largest selling Small Caliber Ammunition type in the Civil Gun Market.Small caliber ammunitions are principally cartridge-based ammunitions. Other types of ammunitions are non-cartridge based which are used in various light weapons. Small caliber ammunitions are also alternatively referred to as small arms ammunition, used in a variety of firearms including pistols, revolvers, rifles, shotguns and other heavy automatic weapons like machine guns.Small caliber ammunition is .50 caliber and below. Conventional small caliber ammunition in production and deployment consists of 5.56 mm, 7.62 mm, 9 mm, 10- and 12-gauge, .22 caliber, .30 caliber, .38 caliber, .45 caliber, .300 Winchester Magnum,and .50 caliber.
Increase in threats from terrorist organizations,high rate of participation in hunting & sport activities, rising gun use by civilians, and obsolete and ageing equipment of some countries are the primary drivers of global small caliber ammunition market. Asia Pacific, Africa, and Latin America have been prone to violence and terrorist attacks but in recent times, the threat of terrorism has spread rapidly to Europe and North America and the major party responsible for this has been the Islamic State which has replaced the Al-Qaeda as the number one global terrorist organization.Thus, there will be additional spending on Small Caliber Guns bypeople in European countries to better defend themselves against such threats.
Global ammunition market is segmented based on application (defense, commercial and civil), caliber (small caliber ammunition, medium caliber ammunition, large caliber ammunition, artillery ammunition, and mortar ammunition), type (cartridge-based and non-cartridge based), and cartridge type (rimfire and centerfire).
There will be additional spending on Small Caliber Guns bypeople in European countries to better defend themselves against terrorist threats. Asia Pacific region is expected to do a comprehensive modernization of its armed forces and will boost the Global Small CaliberAmmunition market. Low demand is expected in North America due to large cuts in the defense budget. But the Asia Pacific region will see the highest rates of growth and the rest of the world will drive the growth in the Global Small Caliber Ammunition Market.
Some of the major players in the market include Cbc, Rheinmetall Defense, Alliant Techsystems, General Dynamics Corporation, and Nexter.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage