DescriptionThe global air cargo screening systems market has been witnessing significant growth in the recent years owing to air cargo security threats and strict regulation to perform standard security checks. Valued at US$ XX in 2017, the market is expected to register a CAGR of XX% during the period 2017-2022 to reach a valuation worth US$ XX by 2022.
Conventional security checks were simply administered by trained personnel or canines. However, with increasing threats to security and growing traffic, important technologies are now being used to build screening systems, such as X-Ray, ETD (Explosive Trace Detection), and EDS (Explosive Detection System) among many others. Adoption of sophisticated techniques in screening using such technologies ensures a measure of foolproofness and minimal time wastage.
Increasing passenger traffic and overall rise in total number of functioning of airline routes are important factors that have been responsible in driving the market’s growth, and will continue to affect the market throughout the forecast period. Multi-fold increase in air traffic has led to a significant rise in security threats, establishing conventional canine methods to be ineffective.
With stricter regulation on cargo checks at airports being made mandatory, the demand for reliable systems capable of bulk screening has been going up. Another important detail that needs to be addressed by screening systems include their ability to carry out checks reliably with minimum time consumption
This comes as a subsidiary to increasing passenger traffic at airports, wherein thousands of checks need to be carried out very quickly, failing which would result in another compromise to safety owing to unnecessary crowding.
The market is segmented based on the technologies into systems based on –
- Explosive Trace Detection (ETD)
- Explosive Detection System (EDS)
Advancement in modern IT systems is very integral to the development of more secure yet faster screening systems.
Regionally, the market is segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, and Middle East and Africa. Amongst these, Asia-Pacific is the largest regional segment, followed by North America and Europe, and is expected to remain so throughout the forecast period.
This comes as a result of huge volumes of cargo traffic in the region coupled with infrastructural development in many local emerging economies, notable among them being China, India, and Indonesia
While Middle East and Africa remains the smallest segment in the market, it is expected to register higher growth rates to emerge as an important segment in the forthcoming years.
Key players in the market include 3DX-RAY, American Science and Engineering, L-3 Security & Detection Systems, Morpho Detection, Rapiscan Systems, Armstrong Monitoring, Astrophysics, Autoclear, CEIA, Gilardoni, Nuctech, and Smiths Detection.
- Global Air Cargo Screening Market segments
- Global Air Cargo Screening Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Air Cargo Screening Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Air Cargo Screening Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Global Air Cargo Screening Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage