DescriptionWith increasing operations of global corporations and establishments coupled with recent windings around more flexible trade policies, the global airfreight market is expected to register a significant growth rate during the forecast period 2017-2022. Valued at US$ XX in 2017, the market is projected to a reach a valuation worth US$ XX by 2022 while registering a compound annual growth rate of XX% during the period 2017-2022.
The global airfreight market is expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period, especially with the recent increase in trade agreements among nations.
Increased trade volumes between countries due to resurgence in global economy (even while the aviation market currently experiences a downturn) and relaxation in trade policies are expected to open new avenues for the market’s growth in the forthcoming years
With more flexible policies governing international trade, comes a rise in the needs of importers and exporters, and thus fresh opportunities for vendors in the market to expand their base across the globe, aiming to gain more by deeper penetration into newer markets within emerging economies.
The market is segmented into packaging and labelling, documentation and PO management, charter services, transportation and warehousing, and VAS on the basis of services. Amongst these, the packaging and labelling segment outperformed the others and takes the top place in terms of market share. This comes as a result of the demand for intricacies and care that needs to be taken when transporting specifics, such as closed containers for critically hazardous goods, specialised temperature control for pharmaceutical products, and other measures that take into account the type of product, weather conditions, and time required to reach the destination.
The market can also be segmented on the basis of end-users, into manufacturing, fashion and textile, hi-tech consumer appliance, FMCG and retail, and pharmaceuticals, healthcare, and chemicals. Amongst these, the manufacturing segment holds dominance over market share owing to most industries being categorised under this segment, namely automotive components and small industrial & automation goods.
The market is regionally segregated into Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, Middle-East, Latin America, and Africa. Europe takes centre stage in terms of dominance in market share while Asia-Pacific does so in terms of volume. All regional segments, except Latin America, had registered significant leaps in demand in 2017. Factors such as growth in seasonal adjusted volumes, demand boost on inter-regional trade lanes, and many others throw light on how much potential the global airfreight market carries in the forthcoming years.
Key players in the global airfreight market include – Deutsche Post DHL Group, Kuehne& Nagel, Sinotrans, DB Schenker, UPS Supply Chain Solutions, Nippon Express, DSV, Expeditors, C.H. Robinson, CEVA Logistics, Pantos Logistics, CJ Korea Express, Geodis, Dachser, Dimerco, Hellmann Worldwide Logistics, Hitachi Transport, Logwin, Kerry Logistics,Panalpina, NNR Global Logistics, Toll Holdings, Pilot Freight Services, Bolloré Logistics, and Yusen Logistics.
- Global Airfreight Market segments
- Global Airfreight Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Airfreight Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Airfreight Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Global Airfreight Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage