DescriptionOwing to rising air passenger traffic and upcoming new airports in many emerging economies, the global airport baggage handling system market is expected to witness substantial growth over the period 2017-2022. Valued at US$ XX in 2017, the market is projected to reach a valuation worth US$ XX by 2022, growing at a compound annual growth rate of XX% during the forecast period.
Increased air travel by the global population in general and enhancement of airport infrastructure are the biggest factors that are expected to give the market a boost in the forthcoming years. Other factors that can pave better growth prospects include efforts towards improvements in airport efficiency, aircraft turnaround time, and customer satisfaction. While so many factors are seen to be driving the market forward, other complications such as high initial investments and complex architecture pose to be formidable deterrents to the aforementioned progress. However, limited airspace coupled with increasing passenger and cargo traffic are expected to alleviate such probabilities.
Key strategies adopted by vendors include drawing investments towards improved technology, new product development, mergers and acquisitions, and providing customized solutions. Eminent airports are kept under constant reviewing and surveillance in order to gain information on what kind of customization the process of baggage handling can undergo.
Rise in construction of new airports in emerging economies have also opened up new growth prospects towards the market’s expansion and penetration into the lower regional segments, notably the Middle-East, Africa, and Latin America
The market is segmented on the basis of airport class, identification technology, service, BHS type, and efficiency.
- On the basis of airport class, it is segmented into A, B, and C; on the basis of identification technology, into barcode and RFID
- On the basis of service, into self-service and assisted service
- On the basis of BHS type, into conveyors and destination coded vehicles
- On the basis of efficiency, into below 3000, 3000 to 6000, and above 6000
The market is geographically segregated into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle-East and Africa, and Latin America. Amongst these, North America holds the largest share in the market, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. The Asia-Pacific segment is expected to register a high growth rate during the forecast period owing to increasing passenger traffic and new airport constructions in emerging economies.
Key players in the global airport baggage handling system market include Vanderlande Industries, Siemens AG, Daifuku Company, Pteris Global Limited, Fives Group, GrenzebachMaschinenbu GMBH, Logplan LLC, G&S Airport Conveyor, BCS Group, and Beumer Group.
- Airport Baggage Market segments
- Airport Baggage Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Airport Baggage Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Airport Baggage Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Airport Baggage Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage