To counter the plots of terrorist organizations, criminals, and smugglers across the globe the airports have started incorporating advanced technologies in devices, such as information display solutions, screening & handling systems, terminal expansions, and emergency services. The screening systems used by airport authority find it difficult in identifying the explosives planted using laptops and tablets as only whole body imaging systems were available at airport checkpoints. This is the reason why the US and the UK Governments have banned people traveling from the North Africa and North Africa from carrying laptops and other electronic devices in airports. Germany and France are also planning to implement the similar ban in near future. The technological advancements have now revolutionized the growth of this industry in response to the bomb blasts and hijacking activities in aircrafts.
Advanced technologies that are in usage in airport systems are:- Airport communications, airport management systems, digital signage systems, car parking systems, fire, security. It also includes land mobile radio, advanced radar systems, display technologies, common use networks, control software’s, self-service kiosks, check-in systems for passengers.
The major growth drivers for this market include security issues, illegal immigration, increasing air traffic, rising mass capacities. The major challenge for this market is the proper technology execution with zero error. Privatization of airport industry has provided many, opportunities for this market as every airline wants to offer world class facilities to its passengers for the competitive advantage without compromising on the safety norms of the passengers.
The total market is split into several segments on the basis of technologies used in applications as below:-
• Air/Ground Traffic Management and Control
• Navigational and Landing Aids and Illumination Systems
• Airport Communications
• Airport Digital Signage Systems
• Airport Management Software
• Security, Fire Protection, and Emergency Services
• Passenger, Baggage and Cargo Handling Control Systems
• Car Parking Systems
With the economic progress and growing disposable income in emerging economies, preference for airline traveling has been increased. The Asia Pacific region had witnessed good growth with the increased air traffic as Singapore is one of the largest transportation hubs in Asia. With the increased concerns on the terrorists’ threats, almost all regions are preferring to adopt advanced airport technologies.
The newly introduced avian radar system which tracks and displays the real-time movements of flying birds’ activity, Land control systems, and GPS based approach offers an opportunity for the players in this market to get a competitive advantage. R&D, technological innovations can make the players emerge as winners in the market competition. Advanced cost-effective and easy maintenance devices are what all airports are looking for in the market.
Some of the key players in this market space include, KukaRoboterGmbh, A4 Vision, ActivIdentity corp., Hitachi Ltd, Alstom Aerospace airports, American Lafrance Corp., Honeywell Airport Systems Gmbh, Analogic Corp., Arinc, Inc., Bosch Security Systems, Inc., Rockwell Automation, Cisco Systems, Inc., Siemens Airports, Xerox Transportation Solutions Inc, Syagen Technology, Inc., Vanderlande Industries, Smiths Detection International etc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage