Information Systems play a crucial role for the airports around the world to be successful and effective. The systems assist in optimizing operations, improve customer relations, reduce overhead and eventually increase revenues. The Airport Information Management System facilitate the operations to process the aircraft, passengers and the cargo. It involves right from ticketing of air travelers to to ground movement of aircraft, ground vehicles, ground staff, flight procedures within airport airspace, scheduling and managing of boarding and gate equipment and weather updates. The information systems used at Airports are: Gate Management System, Air Traffic Control (ATC), Weather Monitoring System, Airfield Lighting System, Aircraft fueling System and Automatic Vehicle Identification (AVI) System, Baggage Handling Systems, Flight Information Display Systems. With the introduction of Big Data, Business Intelligence and other algorithms, the utilization of resources has significantly improved in the airports reducing the cost of operations and leading to quicker passenger check-in process and faster aircraft turnaround.
The Market has been driven by the need of effective and reliable systems to optimize the airports and make the passenger’s movement through the airport quick and hassle free by providing maximum convenience. The market has been fueled by increasing need in the flow of information for optimizing operation. With ever increasing population and need for more and more systems to the handle the traffic at the airport the market is stated to grow at a healthy rate. However, as the cost of implantation is quite high it hinders the growth of the market marginally.
The Market has been segmented on the basis Operation, Airside and Terminal side. It is again segmented on the basis of Airport Category, Commercial and Cargo. The most important segmentation of the market is on the basis of solutions: FIDS, Resource Management Solutions, A. System, Baggage Processing, Passenger Processing, Airport Operations, Airport Information, AVI and ATC.
The United States and Canada in North America own the major pie of the market; this is followed by the European countries likeGermany, UK, France, Italy and Russi. Asia-Pacific is stated to be the largest contributor in the upcoming decade owing to the spur of economic growth; Brazil in South America has the largest market.
Some of the major players in the market includeINFORM GmbH, Lockheed Martin Corporation, InterSystems Corporation, Resa, S.A.S., Lufthansa Systems, and VELATIA, S.L.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage