DescriptionValued at US$ XX in 2017, the general aviation market is expected to register a CAGR of XX% during the period 2017-2022, to reach a global market value of US$ XX by 2022. While global economic slowdown has plummeted the market to rock-bottom levels, emerging markets globally are expected to aid the market’s growth in the near future.
Recent times have witnessed a sharp fall in the aviation market’s sales and revenues, and finally rising only slightly in 2015. The fall in the market is attributed to the sudden rise in competition amongst airlines, and the growing popularity of low cost carriers. While such factors have contributed to an improvement in overall passenger traffic trends, they have vastly undermined profits gained by subsidiary organisations that were pillaring the market. While efforts are being made to reverse this, not much growth is expected from sales to airline companies (i.e. commercial airline carriers).
Business jets have been the source of most of the income for the market, accounting for more than half the market share in terms of revenue. Large-cabin jets are the popular choice, owing to their long-range capability.
While business jets make the higher end of the price-charts, affluent classes within poor economies have displayed ample purchasing power and interests towards them, thus ensuring fair stability in this sector of the market at least
While the helicopter market is performing well in countries in the North American and European segments, they remain to be explored as potential avenues in many global economies. Helicopters provide efficient transport with minimal required infrastructure, unlike aeroplanes, which require a proper runway and parking space.
Emerging economies in the Asia-Pacific region, such as China and India, may prove to be leaders in the market sales and revenues should they choose to invest further in helicopters over lighter single/two engine piston aeroplanes
The general aviation market is segmented by type into single-engine piston, two-engine piston, turboprop, business jets, and gliders. In terms of revenue, business jets contribute the most, accounting for more than half the market share.
Regionally, the market is segmented Europe, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific, and Middle-East and Africa. Amongst these, North America dominates in terms of majority of sales, with USA being the forerunner in the region. Tailing close behind is Europe, thanks to cutting edge research and innovation in aerospace and aeronautics technology.
Key players in the general aviation market include Boeing, Airbus, Bombardier, Embraer, Gulfstream, Honda, Piper, and Cobalt.
- General Aviation Market segments
- General Aviation Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- General Aviation Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- General Aviation Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in General Aviation Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage