DescriptionIn-flight entertainment and connectivity includes services that airliners offer to air passengers on-board such as internet surfing, video streaming and text messaging. Further,In-flight entertainment and connectivity services are device-agnostic that is they can support any portable devices such as laptops, smartphone, and tablet and thus eliminating the need for the use of seat-back video. The Asia Pacific region presents immense potential for the In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity (IFE&C) market. This can be attributed mainly to the booming aerospace industries in China and India.
The key factors that are expected to drive the inflight entertainment (IFE) market include the increasing number of aircraft orders & deliveries and the emerging focus upon providing aircraft passengers with the best travel experience.
The evolving consumer behaviour in the Asia-Pacific region and rising passenger traffic are the primary factors that are expected to boost the growth of the inflight entertainment (IFE) market.
Advancement in connectivity technologies in developed regions and growth in number of airline passengers fuel the demand for advanced in-flight connectivity services.There is a positive outlook for air traffic in next five years, although prospects for the Asia Pacific region are partially overshadowed by the potential impact of recent turmoil in the financial markets and related tightening of credit conditions. However, high cost associated with networking technologies and connectivity hardware, and increase in data privacy and security issues are projected to limit the adoption of wireless communication and connectivity services.
The Asia-Pacific in-flight entertainment and connectivity market is segmented as follows:
- On the basis of type into hardware and service. The service segment is again sub-segmented into entertainment and connectivity services.
- On the basis of Connectivity technology, the in-flight entertainment and connectivity market is segmented into satellite and air-to-ground connectivity technology.
- By Fit the in-flight entertainment and connectivity market is segmented into Line Fit and Retro Fit.
- On the basis of Class, the market is bifurcated into First class, Business Class, Economy Class and others.
Asia-Pacific region is expected to receive about 33% of the global aircraft deliveries.The Asia-Pacific market can be regionally divided into China, India, Japan, Australia and others. China is expected to be the major market in the region owing to the development aircraft with new technologies, the reforms in their regulations and policies and innovative business models.
Some of the key players in the market include Panasonic Avionics Corporation, Gee Media, Dysonics, Honeywell International, Stellar Entertainment, Digicor,Inc, Viasat.Inc, Thales, Zodiac Aerospace, Lumexis, Utc Aerospace Systems and Rockwell Collins.
- Asia-Pacific In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market segments
- Asia-Pacific In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Asia-Pacific In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Asia-Pacific In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Asia-Pacific In-flight Entertainment and Connectivity Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage