DescriptionThe European in-flight entertainment and connectivity market is expected to register a CAGR of XX% in the forecast period 2017-2022. Estimated at US$ XX in 2017, the market is projected to reach US$ XX by 2022, amidst rising competition between competing air carriers and growing investment towards improving in-flight passenger experience.
The market is targeted at attracting more passengers towards respective airline companies, providing a desirable in-flight experience for them. This comes amidst rising popularity of in-flight entertainment options and certain differentiating points that rivalling companies use to contrast themselves from each other.
The in-flight entertainment and connectivity market has registers a fairly moderate growth rate over the past few years, and is expected to register much the same during the forecast period as well. This comes as a result of the economic slowdown, both on European and global fronts, and evolving consumer preferences. While in-flight entertainment options are seen as luxuriously satisfying, most passengers don’t find them a necessary part of their flying time. Passengers prefer to make use of wi-fi and use their own devices and appliances as media of entertainment on board. In lieu with this, many popular airlines in Europe have initiated the move to make wi-fi available on board to satisfy customers.
While such a measure might guarantee customer satisfaction, it comes at the cost of the market’s downfall.
The only prospects of interest the market has left are in the Business and First-Class segments, where every point of luxury would be seen as an added selling point to the passenger.
Passengers flying such classes wouldn’t be too wary of spending a little extra towards in-house facilities like entertainment and connectivity. However, while this slightly alleviates the market’s situation, the growing sector of low cost carriers will remain a concern to the market’s interests.
The market is segmented based on product type, fit, and class.
- On the basis of product type: Hardware, Content, and Connectivity;
- On the basis of fit: Line Fit and Retro Fit – While Line Fit holds the larger fraction in terms of market share, Retro Fit is expected to register better progress during the forecast period.
- On the basis of class: First, Business, and Economy.
Geographically, the Europe in-flight entertainment and connectivity market is segmented into Germany, France, Russia, and others. Drifting trends in preferences have suggested that many passengers, specifically from Northern Europe, seldom give much heed to the availability of in-flight entertainment while travelling.
Key players in the market include Rockwell Collins,Viasat, and Thales Group S.A.
- Europe In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity Market segments
- Europe In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Europe In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Europe In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Europe In-flight Entertainment & Connectivity Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage