DescriptionA vital part of the aviation market, the airborne ISR market is essential in playing an important role towards providing accurate intelligence and surveillance during military operations. Aside from military, airborne ISR technology is widely used during critical operations involving disaster control, such as dealing with the aftermath of floods, earthquakes, and other such calamities.
The global airborne ISR market was valued at US$ XX in 2017 and is expected to reach a valuation worth US$ XX by 2022, registering a compound annual growth rate of XX% during the period 2017-2022.
End users of the market are primarily the military and other military associated bodies. Due to this, vendors need to take special care in providing accurate ISR systems that are also capable of withstanding possible breaches in the architecture’s security. Integration of broadband and internet with military aircraft systems has become a very popular addition to ISR systems in recent times, aiding troops and squadrons with mission planning, data extraction, last minute en route intelligence management, etc. Vendors need to also make sure that the antenna and related wireless features be guarded with multi-layer security codes.
The market is expected to register a fair amount of growth during the forecast period, primarily due to demands for newer technologies from vendors. Latest market trends have suggested that clients are investing into modernising their ISR systems in the hope for more accurate and secure systems while at the same time, staying ahead of other competing parties.
Major defence contractors are obtaining heavy investments by powerful global economies, notably the US and Japan, in efforts to improve border security, surveillance, and military intelligence
Reduced tolerance to losses in life and shifts to net-centric warfare are among other factors that are pushing for better performance by the market in the forthcoming years.
With lower funds being sanctioned to militaries, slight downturns in the market can be expected. However, increasing customer funding to the market’s research and development will ensure availability of newer and better technologies, slightly alleviating the hindrance of lower military funds.
The market is segmented into intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance on the basis of purpose; into airborne ground surveillance, maritime patrol, and airborne warning and signals intelligence; and into manned and unmanned UAVs on the basis of type.
Geographically, the global airborne ISR market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, EMEA (Europe, Middle East, and Asia), and South America. Amongst these, North America emerged the dominant segment with the US being a notable revenue generator within the region. Also, with the US being the largest spender on aerospace defence systems globally, the airborne ISR market within the region is expected to witness massive development in the forthcoming years.
Key players in the global airborne ISR market include BAE Systems, UTC Aerospace Systems, L-3Communications, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, Raytheon,Thales, Rockwell Collins, General Dynamics, and Northrop Grumman.
- Airborne ISR Market segments
- Airborne ISR Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Airborne ISR Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Airborne ISR Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage