The Global Electronic Warfare Aircraft Market is all set to reach a market value of USD 21.6 billion by 2020at a CAGR of 5.67%.
Increasing transnational disputes and ongoing development in electromagnetic spectrum are the factors that are driving the global electronic warfare market. The need for an electronic warfare aircraft is quite urgent, that is the reason various transport aircraft and aircraft used for other purposes are fitted with hardware capable of electronic warfare but the results do not come to be the same. There is an urgent requirement for a relatively lower cost Electronic Warfare Capable Aircraft which could be designed solely for that purpose. Electronic Warfare Aircraft can be anything, Helicopters, turbo Prop Jet Aircraft, helicopters, unmanned aerial vehicles.The other factors that are expected to boost the market are rise in asymmetric warfare, counterinsurgencies and global terrorism to fuel EW demand and combination of electronic warfare and stealth capabilities.The economic crisis in developed regions is pulling down the demand for electronic warfare by defence agencies. The major restraint for the growth of the market is the high cost of implementing the system.
The market can be segmented into attack, protection and support on the basis of category. The market can be categorized into Directed Energy, Integrated Suits, Jammers, Radar Warning Receivers, Directional Infrared Countermeasures, Antennas and Airborne Decoys on the basis of product. On the basis of technology, the market can be segmented into three segments, they are gallium nitride, silicon and gallium arsenide. The market can be segmented into radio-controlled improvised explosive device (RCIED) jammers, direction finders, radio frequency jammers and vehicle self-protection systems on the basis of the system.
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa and Latin America hold the major shares in the global electronic warfare aircraft market. North America and Europe are expected to dominate the global market during the forecast timeframe. Asia Pacific region is expected to witness robust growth; theElectronic Warfare Systems market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.89% in the Asia-Pacific regionduring the forecast period. The growth in the Asia-Pacific region is due to the developing economies like India and China increasing investment on strengthening their defence sector. Latin America will be a major growth region, especially Brazil. Europe is expected be the third largest market for electronic warfare aircrafts.
The key players of the global electronic warfare market include BAE Systems, Israel Aerospace Industries Ltd., The Raytheon Company Lockheed Martin Corporation, Thales Group, Plc, SAAB AB, Alliant Techsystems, Inc., and Northrop Grumman Corporation among others.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage