DescriptionFlight simulation entails the artificial recreation of flight that replicates the environment in which the aircraft functions, often employed to train pilots, inspect design details, performance evaluation, and many other research purposes. The global civil aviation flight training and simulation market is valued at US$ XX in 2017 and is expected to register a CAGR of XX% during the period 2017-2022 to reach an estimated value of US$ XX by 2022.
Civil aerospace simulation technologies are of two broad types – full flight simulation (FFS) and flight simulation training devices (FSTDs).
An FSTD simulates only the cockpit controls while an FFS replicates particular plane models, sometimes even offering up to all six degrees of freedom
Other detailed types of flight simulator technologies include Part Task Trainers (PTT), System Trainers, and Cockpit Procedure Trainers (CPT).
Despite the slowdown the aviation market is currently undergoing, passenger traffic and total aircraft units sold have been on a constant rise, warranting a need for skilled and talented pilots. Due to sheer demand and number of players out there, the market is highly competitive, with vendors relying heavily on advancement in product technology and aftermarket services. With factors such as these into play, it is clear that the market is expected to grow and deliver solely on innovation in design and functionality in upcoming models.
Major market constraints that have been underpinning the industry globally include crew shortage, lack of simulators for complex systems, regulation and new licensing techniques, and the growing adoption of game technology for simulations.
The Global Civil Aviation Flight Training and Simulation Market is segmented based on type into Full Flight Simulation, Flight Simulation Training Devices, Part Task Trainers, System Trainers, and Cockpit Procedure Trainers, of which the former two segments dominate in terms of higher market share. The market can also be segmented based on aircraft type into regional jets, narrow body/single aisle, and wide body aircrafts.
Regionally, the market is segmented into North America, Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle-East and Africa, and South America. At present, North America has the highest market share globally, majorly due to high aerospace research activity in the region and prevalence of related end-user industries. In terms of growth, Asia-Pacific is expected to gain significantly during the forecast period, owing to growing passenger-traffic and aircraft sales in the region.
Key players in the global civil aviation flight training and simulation market include CAE, L-3 Link, FSI, Rockwell Collins, AXIS Flight Training Systems, Frasca International, IndraSistemas, Sim Industries, and Havelsan among many others.
- Civil Aviation Flight Training and Simulation Market segments
- Civil Aviation Flight Training and Simulation Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Civil Aviation Flight Training and Simulation Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Civil Aviation Flight Training and Simulation Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Civil Aviation Flight Training and Simulation Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage