DescriptionThe global UAV flight training and simulator market was valued at US$ XX Mn in 2017 and is expected to reach US$ XX Mn by 2022 growing at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. UAV stands for Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (commonly known as a ‘drone’). UAVs are one of the primary components of an UAS (Unmanned Aircraft System), the other one being a ground based controller which is connected to the UAVs by a system of communications. The flight of the UAVs could be managed in several ways: either by a human operator or autonomously by onboard computers. UAV simulators are specially designed infrastructure to train UAV operators and pilots, image interpreters, and mission commanders. These simulators create aerodynamic models and scenarios to provide mission-specific or real-time operational training.
The end users for this product are the military, researchers, security agencies, sport clubs, farmhouses, photographers etc.
The following factors are significant in deciding the fate of the market:
- Market Drivers:
- The simulators provide real-time effects like varying climatic conditions and terrains, trajectory planning modes and simultaneous localization systems to provide 360 degree training to the operators. These training services are largely availed by all because mastering the drone control operations in the real life scenarios is otherwise difficult.
- Defence authorities across the globe have focused on the development and acquisition of MALE UAVs, due to their surveillance and strike abilities.
MALE UAV simulators usually adopt synthetic aperture radars to generate high-resolution images and operate in adverse weather conditions to create a realistic synthetic environment for training
- Small unmanned air vehicles have also been in high demand, driven by their wide array of applications in collecting information on geophysical processes associated with natural disasters, agriculture, mining, and defence industry. The promising market for the UAVs has also boosted its flight training and simulation counterpart.
- Development of new technologies and miniaturization of electronics has also driven the market forward
- Market Restraints:
- Frequent accidents of drones are a major concern for the market
- Complexities in decision making and regulations are also a major challenge for the market
- Market Opportunities: Development of new technologies to increase the range of uses and to minimise the risk would go a long way in advancing the market.
The market can be segmented into the following categories:
- On the basis of the type: High-Altitude Long Endurance (HALE), Small Unmanned Air Vehicle (SUAV), Medium-Altitude Long-Endurance (MALE)
- On the basis of applications: Civil, Military, Others
- On the basis of geographic distribution of the markets: North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa
North America is the current leader in the global market flowed by Europe. Asia Pacific is predicted to register the fastest CAGR bolstered fast economic and technological advances of nations like India, China, Japan etc.
Some of the key players in the market are:
SDS International, BAE Systems, Zen Technologies Ltd, L-3 Link Simulation and Training, Crew Training International Inc, MacDonald Dettwiler and Associates, Israel Aerospace Industries, AeroVironmentInc Northrop Grumman, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc, BOSH Global Services Inc, Thales Training and Simulation, Selex ES, Themis UAV Applications Ltd, Textron Systems, CAE Inc., AEgis Technologies Group Inc.
- UAV Flight Training and Simulation Market segments
- UAV Flight Training and Simulation Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- UAV Flight Training and Simulation Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- UAV Flight Training and Simulation Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends inUAV Flight Training and Simulation Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage