DescriptionThe Asia-Pacific Non-Lethal Weapons Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.74% till 2020.The market is projected to reach $224.1 million by the end of 2018. Non-lethal weapon systems are mostly used in operations for maintaining peace and order, controlling civilians, security and conducting humanitarian missions and for committing some petty crimes.
Rise in the rate of violent crimes, and high amount of investment in research and development activities for advancement of non-lethal weapons are the key drivers for the non-lethal weapons market. However, factors such as stringent weapon laws and safety regulations for civilians, opposition from human rights activists and rising number of incidents causing adverse effects due to use of non-lethal weapons are hindering the growth of non-lethal weapons market.
Due to the rising requirement of states to maintain peace and rising homeland security budgets, the Asia Pacific Non-Lethal Weapons Market will register the fastest rate of growth in the world
Due to rise in crime rate especially in countries like India and China, pepper spray is likely to register extremely fast growth rates within the civilian population. As the crimes against women have spiked up in recent times, especially in countries like India, pepper spray industry is likely to register tremendous growth.
The market has been segmented :
- On the basis of Product – Ammunition, Direct Contact Weapons, Directed Energy Weapons and Others
- On the basis of End-Users – Law Enforcement, Special Forces and Others
- On the basis of Technology – Chemical Non-Lethal Weapons, Acoustic Non-Lethal Weapons, Electromagnetic Non-Lethal Weapons, Mechanical and Kinetic Non-Lethal Weapons
By geography the Asia-Pacific Non-Lethal weapons market can be segmented into India, China, Japan, South Korea, Thailand and Others. China has the highest market value of non-lethal weapons among the other Asia Pacific countries. Separatist movements and political dissent and and preventing escalation in high-risk situations are the major drivers which are impacting the growth of the market in China.
Some of the key players in the Asia-Pacific Non-Lethal weapons market include Korea Defense Industry Limited, Alsetex, Daeji P & I Co., Non-Lethal Technologies Lrad Corporation, Streit Group, The Safariland Group, Combined Systems Inc, Condor Non-Lethal Technologies, Beijing Anlong Group and Taser International Inc.
- Asia Pacific Non Lethal Weapons Market segments
- Asia Pacific Non Lethal Weapons Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Asia Pacific Non Lethal Weapons Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Asia Pacific Non Lethal Weapons Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Asia Pacific Non Lethal Weapons Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage