DescriptionEurope is a major contributor to the total market valuation of the ammunition sector. Ammunition market witnessed sharp increase in growth rate in past two years as the terrorism has rapidly spread towards Asia Pacific and Europe adding to its presence in Middle East, Africa and Latin America which were always prone to violence and terrorist attacks. This can be attributed to the expansion of ISIS which replaced Al-Qaeda as the supreme terrorist organisation.
Geopolitical disputes among the major economies and rising concerns regarding terrorist threats will be the primary factors driving the growth of ammunition market.
Governments need to procure ammunition for their law enforcement agencies to keep a check over the rising crime rate. Law enforcement agencies and public safety services encounter hostile situation where they are forced to use fire arms
This is one of the reason for the growth of the ammunition market. Ammunition are also used for activities such as sports and hunting. Unanticipated reforms in regulations restricting trade of arms and related equipment will challenge the global ammunition market share. Rising environmental concerns regarding the usage of lead bullets that are deployed in recreational activities such as hunting and sports may pose a considerable growth threat.
Ammunition market is segmented into mainly bullets, rockets, mortars on the basis of product segment. Bullets were the largest product segment holding major shares in the market. On the basis of Calibre the market is segmented into Small Calibre, Medium Calibre, Large Calibre, Artillery, Mortar. On the basis of application, the market is segmented into Defence and Civil. Civil segment includes self-defence, law enforcement and sports & hunting and is expected to have significant growth during the forecast period.
The recent development of growing arms race in Middle East, Africa and Asia Pacific has its effects on the Industry. Countries such as South Korea, India, Pakistan and China are modernizing their military equipment whereas several European nations are steadily demilitarizing themselves. The recent economic meltdown had increasing effect to the plunging European share in Ammunition market.
Currently, major European spending in Ammunition sector goes for building of defence forces to fight rising waves of terrorism. Many European nations are concentrating more on replacement and refurbishment of older weapons and ammunitions rather creating new infrastructure. Russia stands as the European market leader of the sector which is expected be there till 2021
Some of the key market players operating in the European ammunition market are BAE Systems (U.K.), EADS (Trans European), Almaz-Antei (Russia), Finmeccanica(Italy), Safran (France), Rheinmetall (Germany) and Nammo AS (Norway).
- European Ammunition Market segments
- European Ammunition Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- European Ammunition Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- European Ammunition Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in European Ammunition Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage