Controlled release fertilizers are the special typeof fertilizers which are coated organically or inorganically to control the rate, duration and pattern of the release of the nutrients. They have long-term effects on soil because of availability to the plant for a longer period of time due to the coating on them.They are basically nitrogen products decomposed by microbes.Controlled release fertilizers are mostly used in agriculture and horticulture applications.These products help to regulate the nutrient levels through the entire plant’s growth cycle.
Controlled release fertilizers offer several advantages over the conventional fertilizers. They reduce toxicity to seedlings and contribute to enhanced agronomic safety. They efficiently increase the nutrient availability for the plant by reducing the nutrient loss to the environment. They play a key role in improving yield and simplifying fertilizer application.
One of the major factor driving the growth of the global controlled release fertilizer market is the ever-increasing world population. The other factors driving the market are increasing demand for high-efficiency fertilizers,food security issues, environment-friendly operations, government initiatives and shrinking farmland. The adoption of these fertilizers is increasing globally due to the growing awareness about the benefits associated with coated fertilizers.
The rise in export quality requirements for agricultural products and increasing adoption of sustainable agriculture practices in various countries are expected to drive the demand for controlled-release fertilizers among the farmers.
Some of the restraining factors for the market are high production cost and complexity due to special polymer coatings,storage limitations,salt accumulation in soil,regulatory, and environmental constraints.Conventional fertilizers have already captured a major of the market share due to easy production practicesand ease of availability. Thus, the comparison with conventional fertilizers such as urea and NPK fertilizers and the unpopularity of the products in economically developing and under-developed countries may also act as the obstacle to the market growth.
The various market segments can be derived on the basis of application and product type.
On the Basis of Product Type:
• Polymer sulphur coated urea/sulphur coated urea
• Polymer coated urea
• Polymer coated NPK fertilizer
• Others (including coated micronutrients)
On the Basis of Application:
• Cereals & grains
• Oilseeds & pulses
• Fruits & vegetables
• Others (turf, ornamental plants, etc.)
North America is the largest market for controlledreleasefertilizer products, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific. Due to increased demand for food and shortage of arable land, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to record the highest CAGR.Asia Pacific is expected to be fastest controlled-release fertilizers regional market over the forecast period due to high level of technological advancements in agricultural sector particularly in economies such as Japan, India and China. Together, these accounted for 92.4% of the total demand from Asia Pacific. Country wise, United States and China are the largest markets for this fertilizer.
The key market players in the market are –
• Agrium Inc.
• Yara International
• Haifa Group
• The Chisso Corporation
• ICL Specialty Fertilizers
• ScottsMiracle-Gro Company
• Shikefeng Chemical Industry
• CF Industries Holdings
• Potash Corporation of Saskatchewan
• The Mosaic Company
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage