Amino Acids have conventionally been the largest segment. The Global Feed Additives market has been accounted for US$XX Million and is expected to grow to US$XX Million by 2022, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Tremendous population growth over the years, growing demand for proteins worldwide and growing awareness about animal health and nutrition has made this emerging segment of the animal feed industry an dynamic one. Apart from increasing the cost of the final product, feed additives, like amino acids are a fundamental part of the animal feed and play an integral role in growth and reproduction of animals.
Increasing number of the meat-consuming population, growing industrialization in the meat production business and changing food habits of customers, creating demand for meat with specific texture and flavor has indirectly increased the sales of feed additives, especially safer additives, like amino acids. Growing awareness against the excessive use of chemicals has caused governments to have stringent regulations, especially for imported foodstuff. This has restrained the exports from a large number of Feed producing countries, especially to the European Union.
Synthetic amino acids like Threonine, Lysine, and Methionine have been used since decades in the broiler feed industry. Also, a recent addition of essential amino acids and developments in their synthesis at an industrial level has helped in augmenting the industry.
A major hindrance to the growth of feed amino acids market is the price volatility associated with raw materials and the changing regulations among regions. In addition, the development of other sources of protein has made the market growth easier.
The market of Amino Acid additives has been divided on the basis of type into Threonine, Lysine, Methionine, Valine, Leucine, Isoleucine, etc. Threonine holds the largest market share, followed by Methionine. Different animals show different requirements of amino acids. On the basis of animal type, the market is divided into Poultry, Pork, Fish and Cattle feed. The Poultry feed industry and the cattle feed industry currently consume the largest portion of the Amino Acids industry.
The Asia-Pacific region holds the largest market share in the Feed amino acids market, followed by North America and Europe. Over 35% of the feed additives produced globally come from the Asia-Pacific. China is the biggest producer of Feed amino acids in the world South East Asian countries like Thailand, Malaysia and Indonesia are relatively new markets for additives and show promising growth.
Some of the key players in the industry include Kemira OJY, Cargill Inc., Elanco Animal Health Inc., Evonik Industries AG, Archer Daniels Midland Co., DSM Nutritional Products Inc., Pfizer Animal Health, nVivo NSA S.A., Chr. Hansen Inc., Biovet JSC and Lallemand Inc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage