The Global Feed Antibiotics market has been accounted for US$XX Million and is expected to grow to US$XX Million by 2022, at a CAGR of XX% during the forecast period. Increased frequency of outbreaks of several microbial diseases in the meat industry has helped in the expansion of the market, with related research. Increased awareness about animal health and concerns regarding the quality and hygiene of meat have also raised the demand for antibiotics in the meat industry. It has been expected to be the fastest growing segment of the feed additives market.
Antibiotic Growth Promoters (AGPs) have proven to be helpful in improving the feed efficiency, the frequency of egg production (in the poultry segment) and maintaining consistency in the quality of meat. Growing antibiotic resistance amongst several microbial species is a major challenge to the industry, which demands continuous research in the field. A study by the Royal Society showed that addition of antibiotics in animal feed had elevated the levels of Methane in their excreta, which may contribute to global warming, due to the industrialization of the meat business. Increasing regulations on certain antibiotics, especially in Europe and North America has affected the growth of the market. Excessive use of antibiotics has also proven to be hazardous at a genetic level, as it leads to compromised immunity in certain varieties of poultry, making them even more vulnerable to different kinds of infections.
On the basis of Acid type, Tetracycline, Penicillin, Sulfonamides, Macrolides, Aminoglycosides and Cephalosporin are the prominent segments of the feed antibiotics market. Tetracycline and Penicillin have conventionally had the largest market share. Based on livestock type, the market is divided into Ruminant, Poultry, Swine and Fish. Poultry contributes to the largest market share globally. However, Swine continues to have the largest share in the European market.
The Asia-Pacific market has the largest market share globally, followed by North America and Europe. Europe, being a global leader in the pork segment of the meat industry, provides the largest market for the corresponding feed antibiotics market. Increased disposable incomes and increasing organization of the meat business have been the key factors for the current status and the expected growth rate in the region. The South American market is also a significant one, with countries like Brazil and Chile showing promising growth.
Some of the key players in the industry include GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Bayer Health Care AG, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer and Novartis AG.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage