Distiller’s dried grains and solubles (DDGS) are produced during the dry-milled ethanol production. Since they are rich in nutrients, they are added to animal feed to enrich it. The process involves removal of ethyl alcohol by distillation from the yeast fermentation of a single grain or mixture of grains. They contain relatively lesser starch and sugar than the base grain like corn. Corn based DDGS feed has highest demand since it improves digestion in livestock.
With limited food sources available, research in food technology has lead to the development of DDGS feed, which is a by product of an industrial process. Thus to meet the demands of increasing livestock, demand for supplementary nutrient source, which is rich but cost effective at the same time has been a major driver for this niche industry.
DDGS can be segmented by the derivation base – i.e the type of grain used, which includes wheat, corn, rice etc. Based on usage or target audience, feed can also be classified as to be used for cattle, swine, horses etc. They are distributed only through speciality stores.
Demand for ready to eat food is in good numbers in most of the American, European, African and APAC countries.
Kent Feeds, Andersons Grain, ADM are some of the DDGS feed manufacturers who have a global footprint.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage