Increasing greenhouse emissions from automotive, growing scandals in exhaust systems and strict regulatory norms levied by EPA have played major factors in propelling the growth of global automotive exhaust after-treatment systems market. However, several technical difficulties such as high pressure to force the exhaust through the filtering system, passive regeneration system requiring highway drives to clean the accumulated soot, unavailability of these systems for biodiesel and complicated set-up for urea injection have acted as hindrances to the market growth.
But, the growth of production sites in developing nations such as Mexico and India and recovering global automotive industry are responsible for opening of new opportunities for the market growth by the end of the forecasted period.
The global automotive exhaust after-treatment systems market is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 8.12% by the end of 2022. By the end of 2022, it is expected that passenger car systems will maintain their dominance as the major vehicle type while the cordierite based filters will continue to have the largest market share by filter type. As of 2015, over 50% of the global market share was accounted by the automotive exhaust after-treatment systems for diesel. However, increase in demand for alternative fuel systemsand GDI technology in gasoline engines are expected to increase the growth rate of the automotive exhaust after-treatment market by 2022 in these segments. The expected prolific markets for automotive exhaust after-treatment systems over the forecasted period are North America, China, India and Mexico.
Segmentation based on filter-type:
• Silicon carbide
• Ceramic fiber
Segmentation based on vehicle-type:
• Passenger car
Segmentation based on fuel type:
Segmentation based on geography:
• North America
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
With China emerging as the largest automotive center with major OEMs setting up manufacturing plants in the country, Asia-Pacific region dominated the global market as of 2015. The announcement of Government of India to skip BS-V and leapfrog to BS-VI emission norms by 2020 has opened many new opportunities for the exhaust after-treatment systems market in India. The announcement by motor vehicle regulator in Germany, Kraftfahrt-Bundesamt (KBA), to conduct stringent tests on 23 car makers with the likes of BMW, Ford, Mercedes and Toyota, will further propel the growth of automotive exhaust after-treatment market in the European countries.
Some of the key players in the global automotive exhaust after-treatment systems market are:
• Continental AG
• Cummins Inc.
• Delphi Automotive LLP
• Donaldson Company, Inc.
• Tenneco Inc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage