A micro motor converts electrical energy into mechanical energy which is used to drive the device in which it is installed.In automobiles, except for the starter to run engine, the rest of the power distribution in the car is coming from automotive micro motors. Earlier, micro motor was used only as the power source for the wiper, windshield scrubber, electric pumps, and automatic antenna parts assembly. Nowadays, ascars focus on the pursuit of passenger comfort and automatic controls, micro-motors have become an indispensable component for facilitating changes in the location of seats, mirrors, etc. in modern cars. Some cars have as many as 20 micro-motors for use as power source for circular movement, horizontal swing, or for straight line movement.
Automobile manufacturers are the target customers for the automotive micro motor industry. Traders, distributors and suppliers of automobile parts to the manufacturers also play an important role in the industry.
Market Dynamics and Opportunities
The global market for automotive micro motor is estimatedto grow at a promising rate of about7.39% due to the increasing production of vehicles across the globe. There is an increasing inclination towards technologically advanced solution in vehicles which has led to the development of high performance micro motors with features like front and rear mirror control, seat adjustments, backrest and headrest headlamps washing, automatic air vent movement, etc. These advancements are driving the demand for the micro motor market and their mass production.
The market is segmented in terms of the type of product, power consumption and technology. Based on product, the global automobile micro motormarket is broadly divided into AC micro motor and DC micro motor. According to the power consumption, this market can be segmented into 48V. Further on the basis of technology, the micro motor market is categorized as brushless motor and brushed motor.
The global automotive micro motor market is dominated by Asia Pacific owing to the rising automotive sector in various countries including India, China, Indonesia and Thailand coupled with improving standard of living, consumer awareness levels, and rising disposable income. The Asia-Pacific region alone contributed to about 55% to the overall automotive micro motor market in 2016. Europe stands at number twoand has a wide scope for micro motor market due to the presence of biggest automotive players in the region. North America also has a considerable growth in this market.
Some of the major players operating in the global automotive micro motormarket include: ABB Group, Denso Corporation, Buhler Motor GmbH, MITSUBA Corporation, Johnson Electric, Continental AG, Constar Micromotor Co. Ltd., Robert Bosch GmbH, Nidec Corporation and IFB Automotive Private Limited.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage