A piston is the heart of an internal combustion engine. It plays a key role in the engine by converting the fuel filled into the vehicle, into energy that is used to drive the vehicle.It is the moving component that is contained by a cylinder and is made gas-tight by piston rings. It is used to transfer the force from the gas which expands in the cylinders to the crankshaft to turn the wheels.
Automobile manufacturers are the target customers for the automotive piston system industry. Traders, distributors and suppliers of automobile parts to the manufacturers also play an important role in the industry.
Market Dynamics and Opportunities
The global market for automotive piston system is estimatedto grow at a promising rate of about5.12% due to the increasing production of vehicles across the globe.The two-wheeler market is shifting towards double cylinder engines as opposed to conventional single cylinder engines, particularly in the high-end bikes category. The double cylinder engine requires two pistons. So, with the rising demand of high-end motorbikes, the demand for piston systems will also see an upsurge. Moreover, the inclination towards fuel efficient and light weight vehicles is also a driver for this market, as this escalates the demand for light weight pistons.
The automotive piston system market is segmented in terms of the type of product material and the type of application. Based on the material used to produce piston, the global automobile pistonmarket is broadly categorized into steel piston and aluminum piston. Further on the basis of application in the type of automobiles, the piston system market is categorized as passenger car, light commercial vehicle,heavy commercial vehicle, two wheelers and others.
The global automotive piston system market is dominated by Asia Pacific owing to the rising automotive sector in various countries including India, China, Indonesia and Thailand coupled with improving standard of living, consumer awareness levels, and rising disposable income. In terms of volume, Japan is the largest contributor to this market.North America stands at number twoand has a wide scope for piston system market.
Some of the major players operating in the global automotive piston system market include: Rheinmetall AG, Aisin-Seiki Co. Ltd., Mahle GmbH, Federal-Mogul Corporation, and Hitachi Ltd.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage