3D printing refers to the process used for creating a 3D identical object with the help of sequential layers of material. The 3D printing materials include plastic and photopolymer. The advantages of 3D printing are that it provides smooth surface finish, high speed and design freedom.
The market share of this industry is estimated to reach $1865.4 million by 2023. Increasing product demand in major industries such as defense, education and aerospace is expected to further boost the overall business size by 2024.
The end users of these 3D printing materials are research institutions, automotive industry, service bureaus, aerospace industry and healthcare sector. Among the noticeable uses in health sector are- making dental crowns which are used in root canal treatment, manufacturing of organs such as heart and liver and fabrication of living human tissues.
The global 3D printing materials market size is majorly driven by increasing product demand across various industries such as architecture, automotive, aerospace industry, defense and medical replacements. Plastics are considered to be the key drivers for this industry. Besides, latest technologies and innovation in materials also contribute to the emerging market of 3D printing materials.
The global 3D printing materials market is segmented on the basis of types in the following categories-
The plastic segment dominates the 3D printing materials market and accounts for 50% of the total market share. Variety of plastics ranging from soft rubber like to extremely hard ones is used for 3D printing materials. Some examples are polymers, resins, nylon, polylactide and photopolymers.
The global 3D printing materials market can also be segmented on the basis of printing method in the following categories-
• Material jetting
• Sheet lamination
• Binder jetting
• Vat photo-polymerization
• Material extrusion
• Direct energy deposition
• Powder bed fusion
North America leads the overall 3D printing materials market. In 2015, it accounted for over 35% of the global industry share. The next region to lead the market share is Asia Pacific due to strong automotive manufacturing and sale in Japan, Indonesia, India and China.
The tremendous growth in the use and applications of 3D Printers can result in a massive growth in the market for 3D Printing Materials. Moreover, 3D printing and scanning technology development is also emerging as a major area for the development of 3D printing materials.
Hoganas, Solvay, Arcam, Sandvik and EOS are some of the key vendors in the market. Some other prominent vendors include Renishaw, Concept Laser and ExOne.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage