The market size for the global advanced carbon materials was 58.3 kilo tons in 2015. According to a report by Grand View Research, the market share of the global advanced carbon materials market is expected to reach USD 5.29 billion by 2024. Various forms of carbon materials are graphene, carbon foams, structural graphite, carbon nano tubes and carbon fibers. They are widely used as engineering materials because they exhibit superior properties such as high tensile strength, good temperature tolerance, low thermal expansion and excellent stiffness.
In 2015, the demand for graphene was 481.2 tons. Graphene is used as a protective coating for manufacturing smartphones and other electronic devices. Besides, a number of companies are now focusing on innovation to develop products catering to niche applications. A new graphene-derived resistance standard measurement kit was developed by Sweden based Graphensic in 2015. This was capable of observing Quantum Hall effect at low magnetic temperature as well as high temperature.
The end users are automotive, construction and energy applications, aerospace and defense sectors that utilize carbon materials as inputs in huge amount.
The major drivers for the growing demand of carbon materials are the wide use of composites in construction, automotive, defense, aerospace and electronics industries. Fiber products are much in demand due to their lightweight property. This along with development of carbon nano-material drives the demand for the carbon materials.
The global advanced carbon materials market is segmented on the basis of application, product and region. The various categories are as follows-
• Carbon nano-tubes
• Structural graphite
• Carbon fibers
• Carbon foams
• Latin America
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Middle East and Africa
Global advanced carbon materials market is widely spread across Europe, North America and Asia Pacific. Europe has come up as the regional market leader in terms of volume while Asia Pacific is expected to witness the highest growth rate in the span of coming five years.
Due to the excellent electrical properties and lightweight nature of the carbon materials, they have huge potential to penetrate the market. The carbon nano-tubes market offers huge growth opportunities as these carbon materials are used as filling agents for photovoltaic cells products.
Some major vendors of carbon materials are Hexcel, Toray Industries, Mitsubishi Rayon, Toho Tenax Co. Limited, Showa Denko KK and CNano Technology.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage