Carbon Fiber are fibers of 5-10 micrometers in diameter composed of carbon atoms. The raw material used to manufacture it is called as precursor and about 90% of the carbon fibers produced are made from polyacrylonitrile (PAN). The rest are made from Rayon or petroleum pitch. These are organic polymers characterized by long strings of molecules bound by carbon atoms, it gives the fiber high stiffness, high tensile strength, low weight, high chemical resistance, high temperature tolerant and low thermal expansion. Due to these properties of the carbon fiber it has become very popular in aerospace, military, motorsports and others.
In Aerospace, the companies earlier used to construct airplane using aluminum which made it heavy and less fuel efficient, Due to the properties of Carbon fibers, the industry has switched from Aluminum to Carbon Fiber. As the Carbon Fiber is light weight, there will be significant reduction in the consumption of fuel by the aircraft and hence it will be able to travel long distances. As carbon fiber is durable, resistant to corrosion and fatigue which were the primary concerns with the metals, carbon fiber offers a respite to the industry as the maintenance cost of the aircraft came down significantly.
With the growing demand for fuel efficient aircrafts that can carry passengers over a long haul the demand for Carbon Fiber has increased tremendously over the last decade. The other factors are the increased penetration of carbon fiber in the production of commercial airlines and the growing demand of commercial planes fueled by the rise of passengers globally.
The Market has been segmented on the basis of Raw Materials, Tow Size and Application. On the basis os Raw Materials, it has been divided into PAN based and Pitch based. With respect to Tow Size it is categorized into Small tow and Large Tow and with respect to application it is segmented into Commercial airlines, Defense, wind turbine blades, and others.
The United States and Canada in North America which has the market share; however, China and Japan in Asia-Pacific will grow at the highest rate over the next decades; Germany, UK, France, Italy and Russia have the largest market in in Europe.
Some of the major players in the market includeToray Industries, Inc., BASF SE, SGL Group, Teijin Limited, Mitsubishi Rayon Co., Ltd., Hexcel Corporation, etc.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage