Acetic Anhydride is a colorless liquid that is mainly used to manufacture cellulose acetate. It smells similar to acetic acid. It is an isolatable acid anhydride, also known as ethanoic anhydride. It is produced by the carbonylation of acetate. It has good lachrymatory properties. It is used as an important reagent in organic synthesis of a number of chemicals. It can also be used in manufacturing polymers, pesticides, artificial sweeteners, resins and coatings. According to a report published by the IMARC Group, the global acetic anhydride market has grown at a CAGR of 7.0% during 2009-2016. However, the trading associated with this chemical is highly monitored because it is associated with the production of heroin.
The end users of acetic anhydride are various industries that absorb the chemical for further manufacturing of end products. Some noticeable industries are Pharmaceutical, Tobacco, Textile, Agrochemical, Laundry & Cleaning and Food & Beverage.
The main driver for acetic anhydride is the huge demand for cellulose acetate flakes from the tobacco industry. These cellulose acetate flakes are primarily used for the production of cigarette tow filters. The second largest market for consumption of acetic anhydride is the Pharmaceuticals industry. The demand for drugs like paracetamol and aspirin has been increasing due to health issues like cold, fever, body pain. These drugs are produced with the help of acetic anhydride. The increasing consumption of these generic drugs is expected to further boost the global market of acetic anhydride.
The acetic anhydride market is segmented on the basis of geography and application. On the basis of geography, the market is segmented into Asia-Pacific, North America, LAMEA and Europe. On the basis of application, the market is divided into resins & polymers, agrochemicals, cellulose acetate, explosives, pharmaceuticals, artificial sweeteners and coating material.
North America emerged as the largest market for acetic anhydride consumption, in 2016. Closely following it was Asia-Pacific which is expected to be the fastest growing market. China and India are emerging as growing regions for acetic anhydride consumption due to huge demand in the textile, polymers and pharmaceutical industries.
Emerging economies provide immense opportunities for acetic anhydride market to expand on account of the increasing demand generated by pharmaceutical companies, textile companies and polymers.
Some prominent players in the world acetic anhydride market are PetroChina Ltd., Eastman Chemical Company, BP Chemicals Plc, Celanese Corporation, E.I. Du Pont De Nemours & Company and SABIC.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage