Acrylonitrile is an organic volatile liquid with a pungent smell. It is extensively used for the production of, resins, plastics, elastomers, rubber and synthetic fibres and for the manufacture of carbon fibres used in aircraft, defence and aerospace industries. It is used in the form of Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) in construction, automotive, electrical & electronics, and appliance industries.
The major growth driver of the Global Acrylonitrile Market is the development happening in home appliances and electronics goods industry for which it is a major raw material. Its properties in terms of aesthetics, design flexibility and resistance to corrosion make it a very important industrial raw material.
However, the availability of alternatives like polypropylene (PP), polyurethane (PU), high impact polystyrene (HIPS) etc. with almost similar properties acts as a growth barrier for its market.
The increased uses of Acrylonitrile in newer applications provide this market with growth opportunities in future.
The market is segmented based on two parameters. The first classification is based on the method used for production, into Propylene method and Propane method segments.
The second segmentation is based on end users/applications, into Acrylic Fibres, NBR (nitrile-butadiene-rubber) ABS (acrylonitrile-butadiene-styrene), SAN (styrene-acrylonitrile) and Acrylamide.
In terms of geography, the global Acrylonitrile Market is divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Europe has the maximum market share due to high requirement for ABS from the UK & Germany while Asia-Pacific is expected to have the fastest growth during the forecast period.
Some of the major players in this market are Asahi Kasei Corporation, Ascend Performance Materials, BP PLC, China Petrochemical Development Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, DSM NV, Sumitomo Chemical Company Limited, INEOS Group Limited, Sinopec, Cytec Industries Inc, Formosa Plastics Group, Repsol YPF SA and LUKOIL Oil Company.
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage