Honeycomb core materials are structures that have geometry of honeycomb. Its main characteristic is that it minimizes the amount of material used to reach minimal weight and cost. The cells in the structure are columnar or hexagonal in shape. Materials such as paper, thermoplastics or cloth are used for building the honeycomb panels which have structural strength regardless of the component strength. The application of honeycomb core materials ranges from building products, ceilings, fixtures, platforms, canopies, elevator interiors. It is also used in building ground transportation like rail, truck, recreational vehicles, military tanks. Honeycomb materials offer high strength to weight ratio that satisfies demands of sporting goods, boat decks, hatches etc.
The global market for honeycomb materials is expected to reach an estimated $640.5 million by 2022 and is forecasted to grow at CAGR of 5.3%. These materials have wide application in aerospace,defence, marine and other industries. The increasing demand for lightweight materials and robust growth of the end use industries are major drivers for demand in this market.
The Honeycomb core materials market issegmented as follows:
• Based on Product Type
o Aramid Fiber
• Based on End Use Industry
Regional /Geographic Analysis
The global honeycomb core material market is expected to reach an estimated $640 million by 2022 and is forecasted to grow at CAGR of 5.3%. North America is highest consumers of honeycomb materials by volume especially due to aerospace industry. The market in regions like Asia –Pacific, Europe, South America and Middle East and Africa is driven by manufacturers of part fabricators and OEM (original equipment manufacturers).
The global honeycomb materials market is driven by increased preference for lightweight materials in aerospace and defence industries across the world. Emerging trends like addition of lightweight rubber membrane in honeycomb core to reduce noise in aircrafts will encourage its demand.
Some of the top players in honeycomb core materials market are Tricel Honeycomb, Machine Tek, Coast-Line International, SDG Hollow Metal, Alcoa, Maxbond, Eco Earth Solutions, ZhengyiAlucobond, The Gill, Plascore Incorporated, Evonik Industries .
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage