Polyphenylene Sulphide is a super-engineering plastic which resists chemical and thermal attack. It offers an excellence balance of properties, such as high temperature resistance, dimensional stability, tensile strength, fluidity and electrical characteristics. Due to such good properties, it can be used as a substitute to metals. It is used as a filter fabric for electrical insulation, membranes and coal boilers. It is available in different forms like compounds, films, coatings and fibers. Combining it with different fibers can lead to a significant improvement in its thermal properties. The value chain of polyphenylene sulphides starts with the research and development, patent filing and licensing, sourcing of raw materials, manufacturing, compounding, converting and processing, and end user applications.
The polyphenylene sulphide compound offers various advantages like lighter weight, ease of manufacture, assemble and recyclability and improved appearance. Due to its excellent properties, it is finding applications wherein it can be used as an alternative to metals and its demand is shooting on the upper side. Moreover, the global polyphenylene sulphide market is primarily driven by growing production of bio-based engineering plastics. The bio-engineered plastics find applications in electrical, electronics and automobile industries. The adoption of bio plastics is also increasing to reduce the harmful effects of conventional plastics on the environment. With the growing demand of filter bags in the automotive industry, the demand for polyphenylene is also expected to increase.
With growing collaboration of governments on stricter regulations for pollution of the environment and the push for use of hybrid vehicles, the demand for PPS would grow up globally.
The Global Polyphenylene Sulphide market can be segmented on the basis of application.
ii) Filter Bags
Geographically, the market is segmented into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe and South America.Asia Pacific is the largest market for Polyphenylene Sulphide. Emerging markets like China and India have made the Asia Pacific region the fastest growing market. China is the biggest market for PPS as it has emerged as a manufacturing hub. Europe ranks second after APAC for the growth of polyphenylenesuphide market.
Some of the key companies in Global Polyphenylene Sulphide market are Celanese, DIC Corporation, INITZ, Tosoh Corporation, Solvay Industries, Toray Industries, Kureha Corporation, China Lumena New Materials, Zhejiang NHU Special Materials, Fortran Industries and Lion Idmeitsu Composites Limited.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage