Sodium Hypochlorite is a greenish –yellow liquid commonly referred to as bleach. It is a chlorine compound which is used as disinfectant or a bleaching agent. Sodium hypochlorite is a strong oxidiser and reacts with flammable compounds and reductors. It has varied industrial applications as well in treating waste waters and neutralizing chemical agent. Growing awareness among general public and regulations as per the waste generated, has increased the use of hypochlorite bleaches in various sectors.
One of the major drivers to derive demand for this market is increasing production of chlorite –alkali chemicals. These chemicals are used to manufacture caustic soda, chlorine and other sodium and chlorine based derivative. The global market for disinfectants is increasing as a result of rise in spread of infectious diseases. The applications of hypochlorite bleaches range from household to industrial applications. In textile industry it is used to bleach the textile, it is also used to reduce odours from industrial waste water. In households it is used for disinfection of the house.
The hypochlorite bleaches market can be segmented as follows.
• Based on end use
o Construction adhesive
• Based on Product Type
o Surface purification
o Odour Removal
o Water Disinfection
Regional /Geographic Analysis
Major consumption of bleaches is done by USA owing to substantial growth in pharmaceutical industry in the region. At present 75% of the global desalination capacity is in middle east, Persian Gulf and North Africa. Asia is leading producer of aquaculture, whereas China is leading producer of about 60%. Overall Asia is the largest producer of bleaches accounting of about 88% of global production.
The Asia –Pacific region except Japan owing to growth of pharmaceutical company has a significant share in global hypochlorite market. There is rise in demand for disinfectant as a counterfeiting measure. Need of hygiene and cleanliness, drives the need for bleaches and hence this industry will increase the demand on production of the bleaches. The water treatment chemical industry is witnessing a rise in demand due to regulatory pressure for better treatment of industrial and municipal water treatment. This in turn will support the growth of treatment compounds derived from bleaches.
Some of the key players in this market are Lonza, PPG Industries,Tosoh, Nankai chemicals, Tianjin Nanke Fine Chemicals, Kaifeng chemicals, Dongfam Haoyuan Chemicals, Aditya Birla,Vertex, JSC Kaustik. The market is growing at fast pace with rise in technological innovation and competition.
The Report contain comprehensive analysis on:
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage