In the POU or Point-of-Usage water purifiers, purification process is performed right at the point where water is actually going to be used. These purifiers have a low capacity and comparatively low efficiency than point-of-entry purifiers. They can be installed to purify kitchen tap water, bathing water etc. However, they cannot be relied for decontaminating water entirely, to make it fit for drinking and cooking purposes.
The main driver of this market is the growing contamination levels in existing water sources. Unchecked industrial growth in the last century has severely affected the quality of water in glaciers, lakes, rivers etc. Also, advancements in medical research and practices have brought more awareness amongst consumers about the carcinogenic threats in such water and the importance of proper water treatment to live a healthy balanced life. This has further been facilitated by activism of NGOs and world bodies like UN, WHO etc.
The main criterion on which the residential water treatment devices market can be segmented is based on the underlying technology. This can be of the following types – filtration (using candles), reverse osmosis, distillation etc. Another segmentation criterion is the usage. These systems could be used for domestic as well as very small scale industries.
Demand for water softening systems are in good numbers in most of the Middle Eastern and North African countries like Saudi Arabia, UAE, Oman, Egypt etc.
Eureka Forbes, LG, Panasonic are some of the major players in the Middle East and North Africa in the POU water treatment market.
- Market segments
- Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in Market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage