Telepresence refers to technologies that allow a person to give the appearance of being present or to feel as if he/she was present at a place other than his/her true location. Using Telepresence, the user’s movements, position, voice, actions etc. are sensed, transmitted to a remote location where they are duplicated. Telepresence allows people to reduce their carbon footprint, reduce their travel spend and improve their work/life balance, and improve their productivity.
Telepresence is widely used for video conferencing in group interactions like corporate meetings and is growing rapidly in an era of virtual offices. The evolution towards 3D is a meaningful step to improve the interaction and perception level between the corporate attendees.
The end-users of 3D Telepresence technology are organizations having global presence who want to connect with their clients in a better way by establishing virtual conference rooms in their offices.
Global organizations trying to reduce the amount spent on traveling is one of the prime drivers for the adoption of 3D telepresence technology. Increase in the usage of high-quality telepresence equipment across health care, education and government sectors are other factors driving growth in this market. The sales of telepresence related components like camera, display devices, and microphones etc. is also expected to grow significantly in the near future.
The major constraint in this market is the high cost of installation which when taken care of will drive the demand of this technology manifold.
The market is segmented into video phones, video conferencing systems, webcam, VoIP, instant messaging and telepresence systems. 3D Telepresence has the potential to dominate this market in near future.
North America holds the largest share in telepresence market. In North America, U.S.A holds the largest share mainly due to the presence of major players of telepresence market in U.S.A. Technological innovations have increased the need for innovative and user-friendly communication systems in business hubs like China and India which will drive the need for 3D Telepresence systems ahead.
Some of the major players in the market include Avaya, AVer Information, Cisco Systems, Highfive, Huawei, Ericsson-LG, Librestream, LifeSize, Panasonic, Polycom, Sony, Trueconf, Vidyo, Zoom Video Communications.
- Global Market segments
- Global Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
- Global Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Global Market – Current Trends
- Competition & Major Companies
- Technology and R&D Status
- Porters Five Force Analysis
- Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
- North America
- US and Canada
- Latin America
- Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
- Western Europe
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
- Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
- Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Rest of Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Rest of Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
- South Africa
- North Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides details on market segmentation which is derived from several product mapping exercises, macroeconomic parameters and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors is delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
- Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
- Consumer and Pricing Analysis
- Market dynamics of the industry
- Market Segmentation
- Estimated Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
- Recent trends in market and impact
- Research Status and Technology Overview
- Extensive Industry Structure Coverage