The use of a wireless non-contact system that uses radio-frequency electromagnetic fields to transfer data from a tag attached to an object, for the purposes of automatic identification and tracking is termed as Radio-frequency identification (RFID). With innovations in technology, Chipless Radio Frequency Identification tags have been invented, and offered at the affordability level of customers, which will result in high growth. They also decrease in the manufacturing time as are coupled with a simplified manufacturing technology. Moreover, the tags are compatible with the existing infrastructure, which saves the additional cost of installing new system. The trend of reduction of the price of chipless RFID tags by the manufacturers is resulting in high growth of chipless RFID market.
Lately, the need for affordable and efficient solutions has been realized by the manufacturers for track and trace for the various applications like retail, supply chain, smart card, etc. Even at lower cost, Chipless RFID tags prove to be equally efficient as compared to chip-based RFID. To avoid the shrink in retail, there is an increasing demand for chipless RFID to provide the various solutions like asset tracking, anti-counterfeiting. It also makes the system more productive by helping to increase the efficiency. Chipless Radio Frequency Identification has an ability provide the solutions like anti-counterfeiting, which is a universal burning issue for healthcare industry. It is going to benefit supply chain, aviation, and public transit segments by creating hassle-free operations. Also, an increase in the market penetration of smart cards and so of chipless RFID will be there as chipless RFID will make smart cards more secure.
On the basis of Type, the Global Chipless RFID Market is segmented into Chip Based RFID and Chipless RFID. On the basis of product it is divided into Chipless RFID Tag, Reader, and Middleware. On the basis of application, it is classified into Supply Chain, Retail, Pharmaceutical, Patient Monitoring, Smart Cards, Aviation, and Others. In terms of and Geography the market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World.
With an estimated CAGR of 29.3% from 2011 to 2016, the revenue generated with respect to global chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) market is expected to reach $3,925 million in 2016 from $1087 million in 2011.Being a pioneer in the RFID business, U.S. contributes for the highest market share (44%) and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 23.2%, followed by Europe and Asia-Pacific (28% each). These two regions are expected to grow at a CAGR of 28.9% and 37.0% respectively. Countries like U.S., Western Europe, and China will be the demand drivers of chipless RFID market. In the countries of Singapore, Nigeria, China, and U.K., governments have already mandated RFID in various projects like counterfeiting, citizen identification, etc. This provide an extra advantage for growth of chipless RFID.
Thin Film Electronics, SATO VICINITY, Alien Technology and Zebra Technologies are the key players in the global chipless RFID market. Some other players in the market include Swedish ICT, RR Donnelley, Acreo, BASF, Confidex, Impinj, Intermec, RFID4U, Soligie, Toppan Printing, and Vubiq.
The report contains comprehensive analysis on:
• Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Market Segments
• Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Market Drivers, Restraints and Opportunities
• Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2022
• Supply & Demand Value Chain
• Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Market Current Trends
• Competition & Major Companies
• Technology and R&D Status
• Porters Five Force Analysis
• Strategic and Critical Success Factor Analysis of Key Players
Regional analysis for Chipless Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Market includes
• North America
• US and Canada
• Latin America
• Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Rest of Latin America
• Western Europe
• EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, U.K.)
• Nordic Countries (Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden)
• Benelux (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
• Rest of Western Europe
• Eastern Europe
• Rest of Eastern Europe
• Asia Pacific
• Australia and New Zealand
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Middle East and Africa
• GCC countries (Saudi Arabia, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, UAE and Kuwait)
• South Africa
• North Africa
• Rest of Middle East and Africa
This report is an elaborate aggregation of primary inputs from industry experts and participants across the supply chain. It provides in-depth market segmentation that is derived from extensive product mapping exercises, macro-economic factors and other qualitative and quantitative insights. The impact of all such factors are delivered across multiple market segments and geographies.
• Detailed Historical Overview (Market Origins, Product Launch Timeline, etc.)
• Consumer and Pricing Analysis
• Market dynamics of the industry
• In-depth Market Segmentation
• Historical and Projected Market Sizing in terms of volume and value
• Recent market trends and Impact Factors
• R&D Status and Technology Overview
• Extensive Industry Structure Coverage